Build Help

Hi

im new to pc gaming and want to build my first proper pc. Now here is the problem as i am a noobie in the pc gaming world i dont have a clue what i should buy. Im on a budget of $550 or £350 I know its not alot but this budget can be stretched within reason. The challenge for you is to suggest a build within that price range. I will be greatful to everybody who helps me on my way to becoming part of the superior race of gamers.

What kind of games are you going to play? Also, where would you like to buy components?

EDIT: This should be posted in New Builds and Planning section of the forum, not in General Discussion.

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E7300 Motherboard: Asus P5KPL-AM (mATX) RAM : 3GB GPU : Asus Radeon HD 4670 Case : Generic mATX Case Storage: Crucial M500 240 GB & WD Blue 500GB PSU: 420W

What kind of games are you going to play? Also,where would you like to buy components?

The games I would like to play are things like minecraft dayz and mabye some fps and I live in the uk

Hi

im new to pc gaming and want to build my first proper pc. Now here is the problem as i am a noobie in the pc gaming world i dont have a clue what i should buy. Im on a budget of $550 or £350 I know its not alot but this budget can be stretched within reason. The challenge for you is to suggest a build within that price range. I will be greatful to everybody who helps me on my way to becoming part of the superior race of gamers.

this will play all the games.. not on ultra obviously.

CPU: Intel Pentium G3258 3.2GHz Dual-Core Processor  (£47.98 @ Amazon UK) 
Motherboard: MSI H81M-P33 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  (£31.74 @ Ebuyer) 
Video Card: XFX Radeon R9 270 2GB Double Dissipation Video Card  (£107.12 @ Scan.co.uk) 
Case: Thermaltake VM30001W2Z ATX Mid Tower Case  (£29.81 @ CCL Computers) 
Total: £344.91
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-11-13 15:55 GMT+0000

The blood on to your heart start pumping faster when you notice me.

But is ok.

Judge me for my nickname, my avatar and for the low amounts of posts I have. I will keep your heart beat raised.

Hi

im looking in to something closer to £550 as well.. idk if there will be much of difference..

But is ok.

Judge me for my nickname, my avatar and for the low amounts of posts I have. I will keep your heart beat raised.

this will play all the games.. not on ultra obviously.

Motherboard: MSI H81M-P33 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  (£31.74 @ Ebuyer) 
Video Card: XFX Radeon R9 270 2GB Double Dissipation Video Card  (£107.12 @ Scan.co.uk) 
Case: Thermaltake VM30001W2Z ATX Mid Tower Case  (£29.81 @ CCL Computers) 
Total: £344.91
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-11-13 15:55 GMT+0000

What about an AMD processor?

Actually not, it costs more in a lot of scenarios :D

Edited by TheWhiteOne
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E7300 Motherboard: Asus P5KPL-AM (mATX) RAM : 3GB GPU : Asus Radeon HD 4670 Case : Generic mATX Case Storage: Crucial M500 240 GB & WD Blue 500GB PSU: 420W

Is everything listed compatible we eachother because my friend had trouble when he bought his pc some stuff just wouldent work

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  (£23.82 @ CCL Computers) 

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97P-D3 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  (£57.94 @ Ebuyer) 

Storage: A-Data Premier SP610 128GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (£54.44 @ More Computers) 

Video Card: MSI Radeon R9 280 3GB TWIN FROZR Video Card  (£140.79 @ Ebuyer) 

Case: NZXT Source 210 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  (£30.25 @ Scan.co.uk) 

Total: £518.47

Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-11-13 16:00 GMT+0000

Hi

this, has SSD, bigger cpu, gpu, mobo, white case which improves dreaming performance and so on.

CPU: Intel Core i5-4440 3.1GHz Quad-Core Processor  (£131.20 @ Aria PC) 
Motherboard: MSI Z87-G41 PC Mate ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  (£65.88 @ CCL Computers) 
Storage: A-Data Premier Pro SP900 128GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (£55.12 @ Amazon UK) 
Video Card: MSI Radeon R9 280 3GB TWIN FROZR Video Card  (£140.79 @ Ebuyer) 
Case: NZXT Source 210 (White) ATX Mid Tower Case  (£31.45 @ Scan.co.uk) 
Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  (£36.54 @ Amazon UK) 
Total: £551.91
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-11-13 16:04 GMT+0000

But is ok.

Max I wanna spend is like £450 nothing over £500

Is everything listed compatible we eachother because my friend had trouble when he bought his pc some stuff just wouldent work

Yeah all that stuff is compatible although every once in a while you run into a weird issue (ex. one time I was using a i5-4570k on an a87 board gigabite i believe, idk weird stuff the CPU just didn't work tried a few of the same board same problem finally switched boards and it started working O.o), but anyway the chances of a weird problem like that one are super low (like its happened once to me in 100+ builds) so you shouldn't have a problem :)

Ps. Always quote if you want a reply xD

Please use http://pcpartpicker.com/ for everybodones sake!

and quote me if you want me to see a reply please :)

pewpewpewphysicslazers!!!

Max I wanna spend is like £450 nothing over £500

also here http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/j.dirona/saved/Vh62FT this is what I would suggest that'll be able to play everygame, not everything on ultra buuut it does give you some wiggle room so in the future you can upgrade your system to something better without having to scrap the entire thing

Please use http://pcpartpicker.com/ for everybodones sake!

and quote me if you want me to see a reply please :)

pewpewpewphysicslazers!!!

also here http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/j.dirona/saved/Vh62FT this is what I would suggest that'll be able to play everygame, not everything on ultra buuut it does give you some wiggle room so in the future you can upgrade your system to something better without having to scrap the entire thing

il have a look thanks

It is on a bit pricier side, but you can get rid of the SSD (price would be 400£ then) or get rid of i3 and pick a celeron (a saving of 20£).

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i3-4130 3.4GHz Dual-Core Processor  (£78.79 @ Aria PC)
Motherboard: MSI H81M-P33 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  (£31.74 @ Ebuyer)
Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  (£57.47 @ Amazon UK)
Storage: Crucial MX100 128GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (£51.68 @ Amazon UK)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (£35.94 @ Aria PC)
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 270X 2GB Dual-X Video Card  (£119.00 @ Amazon UK)
Case: NZXT Source 210 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  (£30.25 @ Scan.co.uk)
Power Supply: Corsair CSM 450W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  (£43.00 @ CCL Computers)
Total: £447.87
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-11-13 16:34 GMT+0000