PSU

Go to solution Solved by William12h,

That most proberly means it is around 400-500Watt PSU, You should be Fine with out upgrading the PSU, but i would consider upgrading the PSU to a 650Watt Bronze rating +. 650 is more then enough but also allows room for crossfire :) and Overclocking 

It says on the side under AC input "continuous maximum 400w" is that what you mean? 

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=8229472&CatId=2627

Hello everyone, I am fairly new to pc hardware upgrades so I need some help. I bought a new computer a while ago, not specifically made for gaming but capable for what I was going to do. It currently has a GTX 650 (Asus E 1gb) and I want to upgrade to a to a 770. Do I need to upgrade the power supply as well?

First of all, we have no idea what your psu is. 

Second of all, we have no idea what your psu is. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

whats your current psu

First Build:

Case: Bitfenix Prodigy Black          GPU: MSI R9 270 Gaming@1050/1500         CPU: i5 4570          Motherboard: ASUS H81I Plus          PSU: Corsair CX600          RAM: 8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport XT         Cooling: 230mm Bitfenix Spectre Pro Intake; Corsair AF140 Rear Exuast; 2x120mm Stock Case Fans Top Exuast        Storage: WD Blue 1TB          OS: Windows 8.1 Pro 64 Bit

List your current spect or give a link to the PC you brought, Most likely you will be fine with upgrading the GPU and don't need to worry about the PSU but its good to check, You would need like a 400Watt Gold rated or 500Watt bronze rating and you will be good to go.

Hello everyone, I am fairly new to pc hardware upgrades so I need some help. I bought a new computer a while ago, not specifically made for gaming but capable for what I was going to do. It currently has a GTX 650 (Asus E 1gb) and I want to upgrade to a to a 770. Do I need to upgrade the PSU as well?

--- CPU:  AMD A10-7850k --- Motherboard:  ASUS X88MPlus --- RAM:  G-Skill 8GB Ripjaws X DDR3 2133 Dual --- GPU:  Integrated APU --- Case:  Aerocool Dead Silence Gaming Cube Case  ---

List your current spect or give a link to the PC you brought, Most likely you will be fine with upgrading the GPU and don't need to worry about the PSU but its good to check, You would need like a 400Watt Gold rated or 500Watt bronze rating and you will be good to go.

It says on the side under AC input "continuous maximum 400w" is that what you mean? 

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=8229472&CatId=2627

That most proberly means it is around 400-500Watt PSU, You should be Fine with out upgrading the PSU, but i would consider upgrading the PSU to a 650Watt Bronze rating +. 650 is more then enough but also allows room for crossfire :) and Overclocking 

--- CPU:  AMD A10-7850k --- Motherboard:  ASUS X88MPlus --- RAM:  G-Skill 8GB Ripjaws X DDR3 2133 Dual --- GPU:  Integrated APU --- Case:  Aerocool Dead Silence Gaming Cube Case  ---

Okay thanks, but I can't crossfire (or in my case sli) It only have one port.

Okay thanks, but I can't crossfire (or in my case sli) It only have one port.

Do you know what MB you have? You should be able to do at least 2 way SLI. I have a mATX MB and i can do 3 Way XFire.

I would say go for a 500Watt PSU but still like i said 650 allows for SLI etc and if you upgrade your PC in the future it allows for room for it to work then, such as you  buy a better MB and decide to SLI or add other devices. And make sure you get a good Certified PSU like Bronze - Gold Rating since they are more stable and give more more Watts due to lower heat output. 

A Good PSU : http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=8687620&CatId=1483   

Im not sure on how good that website is for prices, but in the UK that PSU is around £60

Do you know what MB you have? You should be able to do at least 2 way SLI. I have a mATX MB and i can do 3 Way XFire.

I would say go for a 500Watt PSU but still like i said 650 allows for SLI etc and if you upgrade your PC in the future it allows for room for it to work then, such as you  buy a better MB and decide to SLI or add other devices. And make sure you get a good Certified PSU like Bronze - Gold Rating since they are more stable and give more more Watts due to lower heat output. 

A Good PSU : http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=8687620&CatId=1483   

Im not sure on how good that website is for prices, but in the UK that PSU is around £60

I don't know, but from what I can tell there is only one slot for a graphics card. Besides I don't really need anything too powerful.