My Apple Experience

ObeseWalrus

You probably know the rigmarole about Apple floating around in the PC enthusiast community, Apple hate everywhere especially on this forum. Everybody complains about how overpriced it is and how locked down OSX is and stuff. 

That's not my experience. My first(and only at this time) Apple product was the iPhone 4, a phone from 2010. It still keeps up nice even though I shifted to my now beloved Nexus 5. The problem with that phone though is that it is super unstable with the apps and it freezes up and crashes once in a while, this has been true with any Android phone I have ever used. Another thing is that the phone is 4 years old! What Android phone is also 4 years old?

This one: A Samsung Galaxy S1. How do you think that phone is holding up today? 

44876.JPG

Enough of the iPhone praising.

Now to the Mac praising.

I don't want to make this long, as it is currently 1 AM and I need to be up at 6 AM. Let's get to it. In the last couple of days I have had the pleasure to use a Macbook Pro 13'' from 2009, This is a laptop from 2009 it is incredible how thin and light it is for the time.

This is a windows laptop from 2009 with a "resonable price":

acer_aspire_as5738pg-6306_multitouch_not

This is the Macbook:

macbook-pro-13-2009.jpg

This laptop is so much nicer to use than any Windows laptop, the trackpad is amazing and the build quality is excellent, also OSX is so nice to use, I might prefer it to Windows now.

Anyways, this is just my experience with apple products and why Apple is worth the price. 

If you want to join a really cool Discord chatroom with some great guys here from LTT and outside this community then PM me!

Not sure what the everliving fuck you're doing to your Nexus 5, but mine has not crashed or frozen on me in well over 3 months. I've had it for 7. Do note, custom ROM and kernel, meaning my experience is even more unstable than yours.

I'm sorry but the picture you provided to encompass the PC's of 2009 is just so far off.

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor

CPU Cooler: Corsair H105 73.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler

Motherboard: MSI Z97-GAMING 5 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard

Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory

Storage: Kingston SSDNow V300 Series 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive

Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB TWIN FROZR Video Card

Power Supply: Corsair Builder 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply

And here is another Laptop from 2009. Why did you pick the ugly one?!

And how did you get a Nexus 5 to be that unstable?

In his defense, Sony was about on par with Apple pricing

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Oh, also, nice choice in laptops. (/s). Dell Adamo from 2009. Thin and light, not necessarily gorgeous, but to be fair, neither is the Macbook.

Dell_Adamo_XPS_side_view.jpg

Not only that, the Asus x301A is also pretty thin,

asus-x301A-connectique.jpg

In his defense, Sony was about on par with Apple pricing

No. They were worse.

But clearly Biased with picking a laptop. 

But the VAIO T series (Shown) was $799 with a core i5, 500GB HDD and 32GB SSD. 6GB RAM. 

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

And how did you get a Nexus 5 to be that unstable?

Not sure what the everliving fuck you're doing to your Nexus 5, but mine has not crashed or frozen on me in well over 3 months. I've had it for 7. Do note, custom ROM and kernel, meaning my experience is even more unstable than yours.

I have not done anything, OS crashes are rare but apps are crashing all the time.

If you want to join a really cool Discord chatroom with some great guys here from LTT and outside this community then PM me!

On the iPhone praise:

I somewhat agree, but what are you doing with your phone to make it crash? I've been using android since 2010 (I came from a Nokia 6270), and I've only encountered a few crashes when I tried to play flac or 1080p video on a 75USD phone...

On the mac praise:

I don't think that those 2 are comparable... Try something from the Vaio or the business-class ThinkPad line like what @connorpiper says...

I like Apple and their software (aside from iTunes... That thing came from hell...) and design... but they're just not suited to my needs...

I have not done anything, OS crashes are rare but apps are crashing all the time.

App's fault. Can't be any more flat than that. I'm also running ART on 4.4.4, so technically even my apps should be crashier. The only app that crashes is Fi, and that's developer error after even contacting them. :)

No. They were worse.

But clearly Biased with picking a laptop. 

But the VAIO T series (Shown) was $799 with a core i5, 500GB HDD and 32GB SSD. 6GB RAM.

There were certainly some really poorly priced laptops, but I would say as a whole they were somewhat similar. (other than the fact that one has a custom OS) 

I like Apple and their software (aside from iTunes... That thing came from hell...) and design... but they're just not suited to my needs...

Am I the only one who doesn't have any issues with itunes :unsure:

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Oh, also, nice choice in laptops. (/s). Dell Adamo from 2009. Thin and light, not necessarily gorgeous, but to be fair, neither is the Macbook.

Not only that, the Asus x301A is also pretty thin,

asus-x301A-connectique.jpg

The Sony VAIO X505 from 2004.

sony_vaio_505.jpg

Dell_Adamo_XPS_side_view.jpg

and very very expensive

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

This one: A Samsung Galaxy S1. How do you think that phone is holding up today? 

44876.JPG

actually its holding up very good since you can flash kit kat on it

You have to at least hand it to apple, Their products aren't as ugly as some of the things we see from the PC side.

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

the x505 was ahead it's time.

very expensive, bad battery life.

Still, it existed. And was Sonys first laptop to have a Chicklet keyboard. (Which they invented...) 

You have to at least hand it to apple, Their products aren't as ugly as some of the things we see from the PC side.

But they also aren't as nice in terms of design as some of the stuff from the PC side.

Normandy - Intel Core i5 3470, 8 GB Corsair Vengenace LP, EVGA GTX 960 SSC, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, WD Blue 1 TB, Seagate 320 GB (steam), Seagate 320 GB (experimental, second OS, etc), Windows 8.1 + Ubuntu 14.10

Garrus - HP Stream 11

Am I the only one who doesn't have any issues with itunes :unsure:

Purely as a music player; I like iTunes. Doing anything else such as syncing an iPhone is a pain in the arse. The updates can be annoying too. One issue (that isn't really an issue) is that it doesn't play FLAC files.

Rig: i7 2600K @ 4.2GHz, Larkooler Watercooling System, MSI Z68a-gd80-G3, 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1600MHz CL9, Gigabyte GTX 670 Windforce 3x 2GB OC, Samsung 840 250GB, 1TB WD Caviar Blue, Auzentech X-FI Forte 7.1, XFX PRO650W, Silverstone RV02 Monitors: Asus PB278Q, LG W2243S-PF (Gaming / overclocked to 74Hz) Peripherals: Logitech G9x Laser, QPad MK-50, AudioTechnica ATH AD700

Still, it existed. And was Sonys first laptop to have a Chicklet keyboard. (Which they invented...) 

I know. In fact I saw it back in 2004 at a trade show and was very impressed of it's size.

Sony was the first to use a chiclet style keyboard in a laptop.

Apple made it popular.

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

The normal user is not going to risk ruining his/her phone by flashing a ROM on it. 

Well, tbh the Galaxy S was a PoS when I tried it at the time, the iPhone 4 was just a way better experience...*insert how good iPhone 4 was rant here*

AD2000x Review  Fitear To Go! 334 Review

Speakers - KEF LSX

Headphones - Sennheiser HD650, Kumitate Labs KL-Lakh

The normal user is not going to risk ruining his/her phone by flashing a ROM on it. 

Those sorts of people have probably upgraded by now though.

Normandy - Intel Core i5 3470, 8 GB Corsair Vengenace LP, EVGA GTX 960 SSC, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, WD Blue 1 TB, Seagate 320 GB (steam), Seagate 320 GB (experimental, second OS, etc), Windows 8.1 + Ubuntu 14.10

Garrus - HP Stream 11

I know. In fact I saw it back in 2004 at a trade show and was very impressed of it's size.

Sony was the first to use a chiclet style keyboard in a laptop.

Apple made it popular.

And the all the Apple fans claimed that Sony had stole it.

Alienware is going to make the money from a external GPU dock.

Asus made money off of the LED backlit monitor.

And someday, someone is going to make a carbon fibre laptop like Sonys.

Sony cannot win no matter what they make. SXRD is going to be 'Stolen' also.