Overclocking Software

IMPERIUS

Hi!

I want to overclock my amd fx-6300 and I read some articles about that. I'm kinda affraid to go to the bios and change some things there. Is there any software that I can use instead?

Thank you

Longboarders/ skaters message me!

what brand is your motherboard?

Are you new to the forums???? read the Code of Conduct HERE WANT SOME AWESOME LTT THEMED WALLPAPERS??? check out XTanksSlayerX's wallpaper thread HERE 

"May our framerates be high, and our temperatures low" - PC MasterRace

what brand is your motherboard?

Gigabyte

Longboarders/ skaters message me!

The only way you can overclock that processor is in the BIOS. Some graphics cards allow you to do it with software but, unfortunately this isn't possible with most processors and motherboards.

The only way you can overclock that processor is in the BIOS. Some graphics cards allow you to do it with software but, unfortunately this isn't possible with most processors and motherboards.

Asus AI Suite

First Build:

Case: Bitfenix Prodigy Black          GPU: MSI R9 270 Gaming@1050/1500         CPU: i5 4570          Motherboard: ASUS H81I Plus          PSU: Corsair CX600          RAM: 8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport XT         Cooling: 230mm Bitfenix Spectre Pro Intake; Corsair AF140 Rear Exuast; 2x120mm Stock Case Fans Top Exuast        Storage: WD Blue 1TB          OS: Windows 8.1 Pro 64 Bit

Bios is your best bet, I haven't seen success any other way. I'd watch videos explaining the bios screen (Linus/NCIX has a few explaining how to OC Intel CPU's) to get comfortable with it. BIOS's are largely similar to each other. Start out small and work your way up.

Intel i5-6600K, be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Asus MAXIMUS VIII Gene, 16gb Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR4, 500gb Samsung 850 Evo, 2tb Seagate Barracuda, GTX 1080 EVGA FTW, Thermaltake Core v21, Seasonic M12II 850W

Are you new to the forums???? read the Code of Conduct HERE WANT SOME AWESOME LTT THEMED WALLPAPERS??? check out XTanksSlayerX's wallpaper thread HERE 

"May our framerates be high, and our temperatures low" - PC MasterRace

Seriously just follow this guide here ....  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/5103-a-guide-to-overclocking-the-amd-fx-series-and-some-info-on-ocing-in-generall/    .... and write down every setting in your BIOS (or take pictures, back up the BIOS or whatever) like I did so you can revert back to whatever was working for you and you are set. I took my time and did everything said in that guide and I got the AMD FX-6300 to 4.5 GHz and had fun doing it.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

Asus AI Suite

That's really bad, sometimes it doesn't work at all. A quick Google search revealed this.

That's really bad, sometimes it doesn't work at all. A quick Google search revealed this.

Still :P

First Build:

Case: Bitfenix Prodigy Black          GPU: MSI R9 270 Gaming@1050/1500         CPU: i5 4570          Motherboard: ASUS H81I Plus          PSU: Corsair CX600          RAM: 8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport XT         Cooling: 230mm Bitfenix Spectre Pro Intake; Corsair AF140 Rear Exuast; 2x120mm Stock Case Fans Top Exuast        Storage: WD Blue 1TB          OS: Windows 8.1 Pro 64 Bit