new hi end pc

xolotl

hi everyone , I apologize if I had to introduce myself somewhere, but I wasn't able to find the right section of the forum.

However my name is Giacomo, I'm italian and I'd really like you to give me some advice about the pc I'm going to put together

I hope you can help me not to make errors or buying something bad, this will be my first rig so feel free to correct everything wrong you'll find ;)

I will use amazon.it as a reference for the price

these are the components:

CPU: intel core i7 4790k  321€

MoBo: gigabyte z97x-ud5h 1150  170€

RAM: kingstone hyperx savage 1600 mhz CL9 158€

GPU: gigabyte gtx 970  368€

SSD: samsung 850 pro 256gb  163€

HDD: WD green 2tb 74€

PowerSupply: corsair cs650m 86€

CASE: Fractal Design define x4 112€

heatsink: be quiet dark rock 3  61€

monitor: asus mx279h  273€

fans: noctua industrial ppc a14 26€

this is a multimedia editing oriented workstation (I am a photographer- occasional videomaker) but I'll game occasionally, I don't think I'm going to overclock it but maybe in future...

thank you

Looks pretty decent to me not really anything i would change and thank you for not over buying in the psu department always nice to see someone do there homework before posting ;)

only thing i'd change is the hard drive, go for a caviar blue.

apart from that, the build looks solid to me :)

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

thank you very much, I'm going to change the drive then :)

Hi there Giacomo,

In all, your build looks very nice. For a first-timer you did a great job. WD recommends the Green drives mainly for secondary storage. If that is what you need, then a 2TB WD Green drive is a pretty reliable storage solution. You can take a look at the specs here – http://www.wdc.com/wdproducts/library/SpecSheet/ITA/2879-800026.pdf . It should be OK, especially if you have your OS and the programs you're using the most on the SSD. For heavy-load applications and gaming, I'd recommend a WD Black drive instead, because of its performance, but it all depends on your needs. The WD blue line that the others mentioned is the standard one and is designed for normal everyday tasks.

Hope this helps,

Titania_WD