Quick PSU cabling question

coldie

The EPS12V CPU cable connects to the motherboard right around the CPU socket area. The kit will work as it's using cables that are standardized on the male side.

Edited by Godlygamer23

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Yes, it'll work

Specs: CPU: AMD FX 6300 Motherboard: Gigabyte 970A DS3P RAM: HyperX Fury 16GB 1866MHz GPU: MSI R9 270 OC edition Case: Sharkoon VS3-S SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB HDD: 1TB Caviar Blue PSU: Corsair CX500W

*If I say something that seems offensive, please don't take it seriously, it was most likely meant as a joke/sarcastically*

The EPS12V CPU cable connects to the motherboard right around the CPU socket area. The kit will work as it's only using cable extensions which connect to the power supply's already existing cables, and the male ends of those cables are all standardized.

are you sure? i don't think those are extensions. I think they are complete replacements to be used with a fuly modular evga g2

are you sure? i don't think those are extensions. I think they are complete replacements to be used with a fuly modular evga g2

Actually, you are correct. I also didn't read the title properly.

My post has been edited above.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Will this kit http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812527006 work for the Asus z97-a board?

More specifically, is the  2 x 4+4pin EPS12V CPU Cable the CPU connector for this http://pcpartpicker.com/part/asus-motherboard-z97a

If you get the EVGA G2 psu then these cables are just direct replacements for the standard cables you get in the psu box. They will work with any motherboard.