White Antec 1200

NUK

So i had my motherboard dimms die on me and was RMAing it when i thought of some cool case mods i could do to make it look nicer and easier to build in so yeah here is my build log. hope you enjoy

for those of you who don't know what the Antec 1200 looks like here is the original case:

oiA8SfJ.jpg

so firstly i just wanted to paint it white and i did and it turned out looking awesome:

JgUYAYG.jpg?1

wUMP9yo.jpg?1

27v5E8t.jpg?1

enQoWDi.jpg?1

Lwhku3t.jpg?1

but i wasn't happy with it since the case has some missing functionality that i wished it had and well i got to work on those issues:

so the first thing i did was cut a some metal from the top and drilled 4 holes so that i can mount a 240 rad in there

h1QMRxp.jpg

next issue, since the case had no way for you to mount a power supply with the fan on the bottom i needed to make a cut out for that, to do this i had to remove the rubber power supply standoffs and shift them else where

YT0M2Ro.jpg

yFCcs8R.jpg

ok so now that i finished that I moved on to the CPU cut out, since I am using an H100i i wanted a way to mount the CPU block with the motherboard already in the case, while i was already doing that noticed that when i originally built this PC that the cable routing options were minimal and kinda sucked cause they weren't in the right places for my motherboard so i made a cable routing cutout which would allow me to route the cables behind the motherboard, finally i made a small cutout on the hdd rack so that i can mount my ssd there and route cables out of sight

m4faYOA.jpg

i wanted to go with a white and blue theme with the case and well i thought painting all the case fans white would give the case a nice look

yH0k7yf.jpg

X9H6y8O.jpg

2m84H2f.jpg

ok so i have saved the best mod for last, I dis-liked the side panel window since it showed nothing apart from the side of the motherboard and some of the ram and covered the rest, so yeah i made a bigger much better window with some blue tinted 3mm acrylic 

0XmnAgn.jpg

FDOjUwH.jpg

UYeVVfy.jpg

DJBN6wp.jpg

Finally got my motherboard back from RMA and was really excited to finish the build

n1q0nUu.jpg?1

47jtxEH.jpg?1

UnCdwgH.jpg?1

FM65Qbj.jpg?1

Q69ovo9.jpg?1

mbo54OO.jpg?2

YgR0al1.jpg?1

e4Oaw4R.jpg?1

gbrk48y.jpg?2

ZWXzhQf.jpg?2

7m7z4bN.jpg?3

5PioDoY.jpg

OekUncW.jpg?1

whkigop.jpg?1

ezXLKAC.jpg?1

UximtoA.jpg?1

x5HUnWM.jpg?1

CkZ3gOI.jpg?1

Now that the build is done its time for the overclocks and temp tests

here's what i got for my I5 3570k

X66ddtV.jpg

UmWmF9r.jpg

Hope you guys enjoyed this let me know what you think about the build.

This case has a lot of potential but it needs more work than that to look really REALLY ace. :)

have any ideas of what I could do to the case I'm kinda stumped atm

This looks sick should be in builds of the week just for the mods :D

FX 8350 Black Edition 4.2Ghz

Palit GTX 580 1.5gb

H80i ,TX850, Corsair 300R

Those mods are insane. and i would love to do some of them to my case and make it more epic but the reason i did some of these mods is cause they were cheap and had a really good effect on the look of the case. the biggest issue for me to do that kinda stuff is i just don't have the money for some of that hardware. Ty for the input i will defiantly look into doing some of those mods later.

Looks like some pretty neat cutting, good job man.

Personally I would have gone with an adhesive such as double sided tape to attach the side window to the panel for a more 'cleaner' look. But other than that it looks great.

CPU: 3930k  @ stock                                  RAM: 32GB RipjawsZ @ 2133Mhz       Cooling: Custom Loop
MOBO: AsRock x79 Extreme9                      SSD: 240GB Vertex 3 (OS)                     Case: HAF XB                     LG 34um95 + Ergotron MX Arm Mount - Dual Review
  GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI                     HDD: 1TB WD Black                                PSU: Corsair AX 860                               Beyerdynamic - Custom One Pro Review

So what did you use to test your OC?I notice it is not on a real full load as your only using 61.1 watts which is why your temps are so low..Under full load of IBT or p95 on my 3570k at 4.5 with 1.25 volts i am using 81 watts..

So what did you use to test your OC?I notice it is not on a real full load as your only using 61.1 watts which is why your temps are so low..Under full load of IBT or p95 on my 3570k at 4.5 with 1.25 volts i am using 81 watts..

prime 95 was on for 9 hours and it hasn't had any issues

prime 95 was on for 9 hours and it hasn't had any issues

Are you running a offset or have it at manual?

Are you running a offset or have it at manual?

Manual i think im not sure. i'm not sure why its stable at 5 GHz but at 1.3V but it seems to work with my board and ram

Manual i think im not sure. i'm not sure why its stable at 5 GHz but at 1.3V but it seems to work with my board and ram

Were those screenshots of temps taken while running p95?Or are they at idle?Looks like you have it set to run at 1.3 volts and 5ghz at all times right?Cause your wattage is so low..You should make it to where it will throttle back down to 1.6ghz and .90 volts when on idle..

Were those screenshots of temps taken while running p95?Or are they at idle?Looks like you have it set to run at 1.3 volts and 5ghz at all times right?Cause your wattage is so low..You should make it to where it will throttle back down to 1.6ghz and .90 volts when on idle..

yeah p95 was running when i took those, it does throttle back down to 1.6 when its not doing anything so that should be fine