Eh, 12v Rail?

Yiz
Go to solution Solved by Krzyimprt,

So I just finished building my second PC. Specs are in the signature. So I ran HWmonitor and it says my 12v rail is fluctuating between 11.1 and 11.2. That doesn't seem right? I have a Corsair 850w Gold... Is this just a HWmonitor issue? I ran FurMark for 30 mins straight and no issues anywhere so yeah....

HWmon is not always right, check the voltages in bios.

So I just finished building my second PC. Specs are in the signature. So I ran HWmonitor and it says my 12v rail is fluctuating between 11.1 and 11.2. That doesn't seem right? I have a Corsair 850w Gold... Is this just a HWmonitor issue? I ran FurMark for 30 mins straight and no issues anywhere so yeah....

HWmon is not always right, check the voltages in bios.

Main: i7 2600 | ASUS P8Z68-V | 2x4GB Vengeance 1600 | GTX 580 | WD Blue 1TB | Antec TP-650C | NH U12S | W7 x64

Backup: X6 1090T | MSI K9A2 Platinum | 4x2GB XMS2 800 | GTX 550Ti | WD Blue 1TB |  Antec VP-450 | CM TX3 | W7 x64

BIOS reading isn't reliable either, as you are putting very little load on the computer. Not to mentioned, that sensor on motherboard aren't accurately calibrated to which it can be consider reliable. These software-based monitor also get their reading from these sensors (assuming that it reading the correct on of course). That 11.1v-11.2v reading would have violated ATX specification on the 12v.

If you want to get an accurate reading, it's best to check it with a DMM (Digital Multimeter).