So, my Note 10.1's screen just cracked...

OriginalPromise

It landed screen faced down flat from about 3 feet high. (Kitchen Counter)

It's very minimal and my tablet is very functional but since this thing is only a year old... D: (Dropped it from 5 feet once but it didn't crack..)

Can you guys tell if it's my digitizer (glass) or the panel so I can consider repairing it?

Thanks.

Model number: SM-P600

Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition Wi-Fi White.

Also, since this is a LCD display (not AMOLED), by any chance is there a possibility where the liquid is going to leak?

Is there a chance the display would worsen over time? 

I tend to take care of my stuff and this is the first panel I've ever broken so I'm pretty concerned...  :(

Thanks LTT!

post-83863-0-67741600-1415500937_thumb.j

#SAMSUNG  "provided us 4 1tb ssds so we could run the whole site off solid state." - LinusTech

#GALAXY

#ATIV

i dont think it will be a problem

I didn't know what to put here...

Is the digitizer not in the glass? I know that unlike Apple screens, when Samsung screens break the digitizer tends to go, too...

My rig: Intel Core i7-8700K OC 4.8 | NZXT Kraken X62 | ASUS Z370-F | 16 GB Trident Z RGB 3000 (2x8) | EVGA 1070 SC | EVGA SuperNova NEX650G1 | NZXT H700 | Samsung 250GB 850-EVO | 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDDs 

Is the digitizer not in the glass? I know that unlike Apple screens, when Samsung screens break the digitizer tends to go, too...

Naw... Since the polycarbonate absorbs some of the force upon impact, damage on Samsung devices tend to be more minimal; whereas compared to Crapple, the force tends spread instead.

My brother literally destroyed his display but it still works so..

#SAMSUNG  "provided us 4 1tb ssds so we could run the whole site off solid state." - LinusTech

#GALAXY

#ATIV

Naw... Since the polycarbonate absorbs some of the force upon impact, damage on Samsung devices tend to be more minimal; whereas compared to Crapple, the force tends spread instead.

Oh ok, well my friends step dad broke his moms s3 screen by dropping it but my friend dropped his iphone and one of the corners of the screen is like, gone but it still works. Lol

My rig: Intel Core i7-8700K OC 4.8 | NZXT Kraken X62 | ASUS Z370-F | 16 GB Trident Z RGB 3000 (2x8) | EVGA 1070 SC | EVGA SuperNova NEX650G1 | NZXT H700 | Samsung 250GB 850-EVO | 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDDs 

I would play is safe and replace the whole thing as it isn't that expensive to get your hands on a repalcement screen.

Digitizer = $20

Entire Screen = ~$200

You see this is a 10 inch 1600p screen with excellent colors.

#GALAXY

#ATIV

You want the force to be distributed over the whole device rather than at a single point.....It's basic physics. 

Digitizer = $20

Entire Screen = ~$200

You see this is a 10 inch 1600p screen with excellent colors.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Samsung-Galaxy-Note-10-1-2014-Edition-P600-P601-P605-LCD-Screen-Touch-Digitizer-/221358009601?pt=US_Tablet_eReader_Screen_Protectors&hash=item3389f72d01

Not according to this seller...