Corsair 750d vs Corsair 780t?

Spev
Go to solution Solved by ACg4MiNgTV,

The 750d is more of a case for people who watercool as it has no intakes at the front and unless you are willing to mod it by putting fans on the side panel then go for the 780t as it has good airflow and looks good.

I personally use the 760t and I have no problems with it at all, I dont need dust filters at the bottom as I dont have an intake there and my PSU is Fan up so no problems there also the top cover doesnt cause any problems as I just take it off when im using the pc and when im done i pop it back on as it isnt exactly hard and takes a second. 

Anyway out of those 2 you mentioned go for the 780 as the 750 is not for air cooling

Hope this helps

Narrowed my case choices to these recently. I singled out the 760T due to it lacking 2 dust filters on the bottom and the top has a questionable top filter.

Currently I plan on cooling my system 100% via air, but possibly liquid cooling systems if I change my mind at a later date.

Which of these systems would be better for a 100% air cooled system? Any advantages to either of them over the other? Or personal experiences? 

I also want the case to be almost all metal, I know the 750d has some plastic exterior I'm still trying to figure out for the 780t.

Current PC build: [CPU: Intel i7 8700k] [GPU: GTX 1070 Asus ROG Strix] [Ram: Corsair LPX 32GB 3000MHz] [Mobo: Asus Prime Z370-A] [SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 500GB primary + Samsung 860 Evo 1TB secondary] [PSU: EVGA SuperNova G2 750w 80plus] [Monitors: Dual Dell Ultrasharp U2718Qs, 4k IPS] [Case: Fractal Design R5]

The 750d is more of a case for people who watercool as it has no intakes at the front and unless you are willing to mod it by putting fans on the side panel then go for the 780t as it has good airflow and looks good.

I personally use the 760t and I have no problems with it at all, I dont need dust filters at the bottom as I dont have an intake there and my PSU is Fan up so no problems there also the top cover doesnt cause any problems as I just take it off when im using the pc and when im done i pop it back on as it isnt exactly hard and takes a second. 

Anyway out of those 2 you mentioned go for the 780 as the 750 is not for air cooling

Hope this helps

Hope this helps

Great! Ya that makes sense, I wasn't sure how the front panel effected the air intake. One more question, how do you like your 760T? If you had the choice to decide now, would you pick your 760T or the 780T? Thanks for the advice tho, that makes sense. Now just trying to confirm I want 780t over 760. I do like the 760 window though. However the 780 seems more rigid.

Current PC build: [CPU: Intel i7 8700k] [GPU: GTX 1070 Asus ROG Strix] [Ram: Corsair LPX 32GB 3000MHz] [Mobo: Asus Prime Z370-A] [SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 500GB primary + Samsung 860 Evo 1TB secondary] [PSU: EVGA SuperNova G2 750w 80plus] [Monitors: Dual Dell Ultrasharp U2718Qs, 4k IPS] [Case: Fractal Design R5]

Great! Ya that makes sense, I wasn't sure how the front panel effected the air intake. One more question, how do you like your 760T? If you had the choice to decide now, would you pick your 760T or the 780T? Thanks for the advice tho, that makes sense. Now just trying to confirm I want 780t over 760. I do like the 760 window though. However the 780 seems more rigid.

I really like my 760 and I would pick it over the 780 as I think it looks better in a way but they are both great cases so it depends on which one you prefer and the rigidity of the case doesn't bother me as I don't bring my pc around and if you wont then the rigidity shouldn't matter. So if I were you I would just look at a list of features that each case has and see which one suits your needs more and then pick the one that you think looks better as you will be the one that has to look at it for the years to come :P