Psu choosing

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/14mkf

Here's a spec list , but i don't know what psu to choose for this one , i would want a 500w-600w , something above 80+ bronze . And no fancy colors , just black / white or both , :D thx ! 

Seasonic P-660 (SS-660XP2 F3), maybe?

EDIT: Here's Jonny Guru's verdict. Seems to be quite good.

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

How much money do you want to spend?

I would say go with a SeaSonic X-Series (one from SeaSonic, or the XFX ProSeries PSUs) or a G series. They're 80plus gold, fully modular, and black. Here's the list http://pcpartpicker.com/parts/power-supply/#m=71,39&e=4&p=1&sort=a7

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

Thread moved to New Builds & Planning.

I would say go with a SeaSonic X-Series (one from SeaSonic, or the XFX ProSeries PSUs) or a G series. They're 80plus gold, fully modular, and black. Here's the list http://pcpartpicker.com/parts/power-supply/#m=71,39&e=4&p=1&sort=a7

Anything, i don't imagine 500-600w psu-s cost more than 150$

Thread moved to New Builds & Planning.

Thanks , didn't quite think about it putting it there

blade of grass, on 08 Jun 2013 - 11:02 PM, said:

I would say go with a SeaSonic X-Series (one from SeaSonic, or the XFX ProSeries PSUs) or a G series. They're 80plus gold, fully modular, and black. Here's the list http://pcpartpicker.com/parts/power-supply/#m=71,39&e=4&p=1&sort=a7

Yes, if the Platinum isn't in your budget, that's also a very reasonable suggestion.

Link for Platinum, and its gold alternative.

HardOCP's review of the 660 W Gold.

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

well id suggest a corsair cx500...but it totally depends on your budget...

these psus can go for 30$$ on sale heh

Thanks guys , i'll be going with the Seasonic Platinum 660XP , seems a good value. It's the first build i actually am getting paid to configure and build it for someone , otherwise my budget is a bit smaller :D . What do you think should i charge him , 200$ / MORE ;) ?

I'd say that depends on how much work it actually is. Personally I usually charge

~ 50 bucks per hour if I'm not doing it as a favor. That's still a lot less than

they would pay a "professional" to do it around here.

I don't think i'll ask by the hour , i'm not greedy , i'll just ask him 150 for the build , 50 for "premium cable management" and 50-75 on overclocking :D. He's a guy at school , parents have a lot of money , he knows potato about PC's he only wants to play games. :D

I don't think i'll ask by the hour , i'm not greedy , i'll just ask him 150 for the build , 50 for "premium cable management" and 50-75 on overclocking :D. He's a guy at school , parents have a lot of money , he knows potato about PC's he only wants to play games. :D

lmao , i usually include good cable management for 150$ if it's not a bad computer case unless the person isn't decent , but w/e.

pi = 3.14159262358979323846

I don't think i'll ask by the hour , i'm not greedy

It's as XXXX says in Layer Cake (2004):

As long as you don't take the piss, people will come back for more.

EDIT: That may not be the verbatim version, it's been a while, but the core of

the statement is preserved.