Gaming Build, need some input

xoferif

Hello guys, this is actually my second thread, since the last time I ended up canceling the build to wait for the 900 series GTX.

Im looking to build a PC pretty much strictly for gaming since I already have a laptop for my schoolwork, The budget is about $1200 - $1300(not including monitor and peripherals)

This is what I came up with https://pcpartpicker.com/user/xoferif/saved/Qvrp99

I need input on weather or not this is a good build for the price

Reasoning:

CPU(Intel i5 4690k) : Well, I can't afford an i7 and an i7 would be overkill for only gaming anyway, so Im going for this

CPU Cooler(Enermax T40 TB) : Going with air cooling so I can put the money on other components rather than on water cooling, and Im only targeting about 4.2 Ghz out of the CPU, so it should handle the overclock fine

Motherboard( ASRock Z97X Killer) : Im actually undecided between this or the Z87 Extreme 4 from the same brand(The Z97 Extreme 4 is not available where I live....)

GPU( Palit 980 Super Jetstream ) : This GPU is rebranded and sold as Digital Alliance 980 Super Jetstream where I live, and because of that it's actually really cheap compared to the other 980s, and from what I've seen in the guru3d review, Im convinced that this is the card to choose 

Memory (Kingston Fury 8GB) : A friend recommended this...

Case( Corsair 200R ) : I love the aesthetics of the case, USB 3.0 is nice, and the price is amazing, although Im still looking for alternatives around the same price

PSU : PSU is actually still undecided, Im still deciding weather or not I might go for SLI in the future or just build an entirely new PC, so I don't really know what to go for, combined with the fact that I just don't understand power supplies, this is the area I really need help in

EDIT: Storage : Im going for a HDD because I need capacity more than speed, Im the kind of guy who don't mind long boot up or loading time as long as it's reasonable

So that's the parts Im planning to get, please give me some input on weather or not this is a good choice, and please suggest me a good brand of power supply around 550-750 watt, Im kind of paranoid about power supply since the one in my last PC kind of died and took the other parts of the PC with it...

Thank you guys :D

sorry for the wall of text

For PSU you could go with a Corsair AX760i or AX860i. I can recommend the AX760i it's really good, and can't imagine that the AX860i wasn't as good.

My setup: i5 3570K  - Corsair H100i - MSI Z77 GD65 - 256 GB Samsung 840 pro SSD - Corsair AX760i - Gigabyte GTX 670 Windforce 2GB - 4x4 GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer RAM - Corsair Carbide 500R (modded side window)

For PSU you could go with a Corsair AX760i or AX860i. I can recommend the AX760i it's really good, and can't imagine that the AX860i wasn't as good.

True... but I can't afford it, lol, Im more looking for something around the $90 mark, like the CSM for example or Seasonic's X series(for as long as it is discounted at the store near my house anyway...)

The build i suggested uses a NON OVERCLOCKABLE CPU however it has 4 core WITH hyperthreading (basically an i7). IMO an i7 is very useful for even everyday tasks and xeon's tend to have more validation and testing.

CPU: Intel Xeon E3-1231 V3 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($249.98 @ SuperBiiz) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte G1.SNIPER H6 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($109.99 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: Zotac GeForce GTX 980 4GB AMP! Edition Video Card  ($547.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro ATX Full Tower Case  ($99.99 @ Newegg) 
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD/CD Writer  ($14.99 @ Amazon) 
Total: $1245.90
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-11-07 05:29 EST-0500

Improved basically everything (and some headroom in case you really want to the get the palit for some bizzare reason (amp! has better cooling and has "cherry"-picked GPUs for better overclocking).
Spoiler

Samung Tab S 8.4

How about this

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($229.94 @ OutletPC)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($29.98 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty Z97 Killer ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($109.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: Patriot Viper 3 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory  ($74.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($82.98 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 980 4GB STRIX Video Card  ($579.99 @ Amazon)
Case: Corsair 200R ATX Mid Tower Case  ($49.99 @ NCIX US)
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($79.99 @ NCIX US)
Total: $1237.85
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-11-07 05:33 EST-0500

same but with SSD

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($229.94 @ OutletPC)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($29.98 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty Z97 Killer ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($109.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: Patriot Viper 3 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory  ($74.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: PNY Prevail 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($88.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($82.98 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 980 4GB STRIX Video Card  ($579.99 @ Amazon)
Case: Corsair 200R ATX Mid Tower Case  ($49.99 @ NCIX US)
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($79.99 @ NCIX US)
Total: $1326.84
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-11-07 05:36 EST-0500

My PC

[ I5 4690k (no oc) - Gigabyte Z97 D3H - 8GB Ram - Sapphire R9 280X Vapor-X ]

corsair, evga and silverstone all make good psu's and should be a great choice for you.

Maybe get like an 800-850 watt psu for future upgrades, if you don't want to upgrade in the future often then go for a 550-650

u wot m7+1

Well Im still debating weather or not Im going to upgrade in the future, Im actually eyeing the Seasonic X series 750 watt, since it's on discount as I mentioned, and it looks to be a pretty sweet PSU, good capacity too in case Im going to SLi or something in the future(although unlikely), what do you guys think?