IB tips and tricks for survival (the newbie guide)

mosin40

Hi LTT community since I'm doing the IB diploma, i'm gonna post this for you, if you're still in school and it offers the IB, then this will come in handy:

How to survive the IB*

Step 1: The Greatest Decision before University or College

Decide whether you want to be in the IB. If not, lucky you. If yes, let the games begin.

Step 2: Don’t freak out!

Never mind, you’ll always do it, but there is a solution: be organized and also sleeping well.

Step 3: Organize yourself

Make an agenda, schedule, checklist, or whatever it comes into your mind to organize your stuff, works, etc. Planning is a key to survive, seriously “Just do it.” (Nike). If you didn’t finish what you’ve planned don’t worry, be happy, just continue your work on the next day, and please don’t stay overnight trying to finish it, just don’t.

Step 4: Never ever say: “I’ll do it tomorrow”, in other words procrastinate.

Seriously just do your work the day it is given to you. PLEASE, don’t do it the day before the deadline, ‘cause you’re going to have a bad time, also the stress will be damn too high on that day, unless you’re a professional procrastinator.

Step 5: Sleep well and eat healthy

Having a balanced diet is what you need, because you need a happy stomach for a happy brain, so you can think and concentrate better. Also sleep well, just avoid staying overnight, just don’t do it because you are going to be exhausted on the following day and if you have to do homework that day, you lose, please try to sleep at least 8 hours. (You snooze, you lose). Don’t think that I’m a jerk, if you don’t do it, karma is going to strike when you’re in class.

Step 10, wait I mean step 6: Hand in all your work on time

Seriously, should I tell you this?? Never mind, I’ll just do it for IB’s sake, so if you do not hand in any work, I’ll just say: No IB diploma for you guys :’(

Step 7: No plagiarism

I shouldn’t tell you this, you should know that plagiarism is considered ‘Illegal’ of IB students, so please don’t copy and paste everything you find on the internet, unless you’re quoting and citing the data.

1. You are cheating, and copying what is not yours, but a lot. (For nerds, geeks, or frikis: Hack)
  2. It is not yours (the information)
  3. No diploma…

Step 8: TOK

This by far may be the nightmare of most IB students. Some might like it, but for others is just a jump off the cliff. No more words to say about this.

Step 9: CAS

For some may be the best thing of the IB, for others is just a ‘meh’. The cons of this is the CAS diary, a boring place where you record every project or activity done in the 2 years of the IB.

Step 10: Did I just said 10??

There is no more to say, oops, I forgot something, when you chose to do IB, you need to choose 3 subjects in HL and 3 in SL, be intelligent picking, once done, and there is no comeback, this also includes the subject you're choosing for the Extended Essay

THE END

And good luck to all of you who is going to be in the IB program

*This guide is not intended for procrastinators and/or lazy people

Hope you like it :D

im lazy, i procrastinate (recommended 30hr course work done in 20 hours straight the night before the dead line) and im doing a flipping aerospace degree and im averaging a first. if i organised my self i fear for what i would achieve.

Good thing I decided not to do IB! xD

I did honors instead. (slightly less pressure)

Yeah,

This month i have the IB exams (already did english and physcis )

Yeah,

This month i have the IB exams (already did english and physcis )

Really the main reason I didn't do is because I didnt want to fail the final test and have none of it count. :(