The Virtual Build log

StarFire

So, I have no camera to use for this (camera on phone is broke, got no classic camera, and my webcam cant take pictures) so you'll have to settle for images sourced from google.

But you guys encouraged me to do this anyway.

Let's enter the time machine and step back 3 months, I had just started building this.

CPU: AMD Athlon 5350 (2.66 Ghz OC) Motherboard: Asus AM1m-a Memory: Mushkin Radioactive 8GB DDR3-1600 GPU: MSI R7 260 1GD5 OC Storage: Toshiba Hybrid 500GB Case: Cougar Spike PSU: Rosewill Arc 450 OS: Deepin Linux 2014

theres online webcam picture taking tools

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

I've commited to the method, you'll get an actual build log later, xD.

Dont ask, I'm being stubborn.

AMD-Athlon-5350-Box.jpg

I had ammassed my first $50 from my less than reputable job, so the first part I bought was the 5350.

I had done alot of reading & have planned this PC out for a while now.

CPU: AMD Athlon 5350 (2.66 Ghz OC) Motherboard: Asus AM1m-a Memory: Mushkin Radioactive 8GB DDR3-1600 GPU: MSI R7 260 1GD5 OC Storage: Toshiba Hybrid 500GB Case: Cougar Spike PSU: Rosewill Arc 450 OS: Deepin Linux 2014

AM1M-A.png

Next up came the motherboard. I saw a video on overclocking the 5350, so it convinced me to go with an ASUS.

I did my thing some more till I could buy it.

Use VLC to open the webcam video stream and take screencaps...

Dont forget, I want to take pictures of parts, and this is what I got to run right now, so there's an issue there.

I'll post a real build log whenever I a. Get a real camera, and b. actually get the courage up to take this rig appart.

Dont forget, I want to take pictures of parts, and this is what I got to run right now, so there's an issue there.

Sorry...

Sorry...

we all sor sor 4 sum thins

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen

mushkin-radioactive-ram.jpg

Some good looking ram right here, if you cant tell, my build is pretty much black & yellow.

Not much notable about it, I bought it about a month after the cpu.

Some good looking ram right here, if you cant tell, my build is pretty much black & yellow.

Sweet heat spreader...

i love black and yellow builds. 

they're always so pretty. :3

skunkworks (jayztwocents)

all that was needed to be said has been said xD

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen

I'm going to take a break, get a shower.

See you guys later.

I'm going to take a break, get a shower.

See you guys later.

*continues to press F5 every 2 seconds awaiting the gpu pic* xD

-Jim Hensen

*continues to press F5 every 2 seconds awaiting the gpu pic* xD

msi-r7_260_1gd5_oc-product_pictures-3d3.

'snothing special.

Next up came the GPU. as soon as it was released, it was a smashing deal, when I managed to pick one up for $70 in a sale.

More uploading ensued untill I could afford the next piece.

3_25.png

Finally, the last 3 parts came at once.

The PSU & HDD are really not worth showing, but the case looks amazing.

Bought all 3 at once.

So then we moved. from alibama to TX.

I had to drop the career, as it was no longer legal.

I never was able to buy the monitor, keyboard, or mouse, and the $5 headphones wernt cutting it.

Birthday rolled around, so I asked for perifrials.

Mom's asain (japanese more specifically, but she likes to travel back sometimes, I'd go with her if I didnt have school), so she brought back the best gift for my birthday ever.

4y.jpg

A mechanical keyboard. the oker m31.

for the mouse, I ended up with something realativitly cheap, but it works well, and wireless.

ad2a53c6-9806-4d2b-9163-fff3f14085d3.jpe

Logitech M710

For headphones, I used a $20 giftcard & bought a pair of sony ZX headphones on sale.

pSNYNA-MDRZX100B_main_v500.png

And the best for last, my monitor.

acer-x191wsd-lcd.jpg

Older, but still a great monitor, the acer x191w

Nice, I own a pair of those headphones, actually, they're nice.

Yeah.

Also, 100 posts!

just 400 left...

quick question, 

what kind of fan setup is goin on???

intake, outtake, pressure? 

and, from and audiophile's standpoint, where would you put those headphones? (they're on-ear right? comfort aswell if so. i got dem sensitive ears) 

-Jim Hensen

quick question, 

what kind of fan setup is goin on???

intake, outtake, pressure? 

and, from and audiophile's standpoint, where would you put those headphones? (they're on-ear right? comfort aswell if so. i got dem sensitive ears) 

They're pretty good, not much to compare them to for me.

As for fans, I think I'm just running default, one intake, one exhaust.