mechanical key question. (old keyboard led's went got replacement, new keyboard feels mushy video inside)

Valkyrie743

Hey all. I own a Corsair K70 (blue switch) keyboard but after a 6 months of use. all of a sudden, led's started dying daily :( so i got my replacement in today and i noticed that the key switches (blues still) feel kinda mushy. its hard to put into words but the switches sound a little quieter, the the tactile bump feels less pronounced than my dead led keyboard, (kinda feels like a mix between a red and a browns.)

wanted to know, being that these are blues? is it because they're new and i have to break them in or what? My past keyboard imo was perfect. they felt really good.  the replacement just feels weird. feels like there's less of the blue's signature clack which clicking a key and they just feel mushy. like and sluggish i guess you can put it. like i could rapid fire a key perfectly with my old board, this feels no so much .

is this normal. and sorry if this kinda of question has been answered before.  Thanks

here is a video of the keyboard sounds.   first 35 seconds of the video is of my OLD keyboard with the dead LED's that im sending back. the other half of the video is the replacment keyboard i just got from them today. you can hear that the keys are much quieter than the past keyboard. (the also feel different like i said in the post above)

what do you guys think? is it me being to picky? or is it because i need to break these new switches in?

what do you guys think? is it me being to picky? or is it because i need to break these new switches in?

You're not being too picky, this is why we spend so much on keyboards :). I've noticed that the recent Cherry switches need to be broken in. My K70 with red switches felt like a membrane keyboard for the first month, but it now feels like the reds that I know and love. I would just do a lot of typing on them to break them in, but don't use any lube because that will change how they break in(also cherry doesn't recommend it anyways).

You're not being too picky, this is why we spend so much on keyboards :). I've noticed that the recent Cherry switches need to be broken in. My K70 with red switches felt like a membrane keyboard for the first month, but it now feels like the reds that I know and love. I would just do a lot of typing on them to break them in, but don't use any lube because that will change how they break in(also cherry doesn't recommend it anyways).

thanks the thing that im worred about with breaking them is that they dont have much of a tactile bump. the past keyboard had more of a tactile hump feel as well as a louder clack (you can hear in the video)  im worried that after breaking these in that they will become quieter and the remaining tactile bump that they currently have will be less and they'll just feel like reds :(   I bought blue's for a reason.

i kinda wish i could just keep my busted up blue LED keyboard and just turn off the led's and just to have the nice feeling that keyboard had :(  

here is a picture of the keyboard that im sending back to corsair tomorrow.  (got advanced RMA so got my replacement first)

VO0Gu3S.jpg

thanks the thing that im worred about with breaking them is that they dont have much of a tactile bump. the past keyboard had more of a tactile hump feel as well as a louder clack (you can hear in the video)  im worried that after breaking these in that they will become quieter and the remaining tactile bump that they currently have will be less and they'll just feel like reds :(   I bought blue's for a reason.

i kinda wish i could just keep my busted up blue LED keyboard and just turn off the led's and just to have the nice feeling that keyboard had :(  

here is a picture of the keyboard that im sending back to corsair tomorrow.  (got advanced RMA so got my replacement first)

I cant confirm this, but I think new switches have some lube or manufacturing residue on the internals. I know with my newer CM Rapid(blues) that it got louder over time, and now that I think about it it got harder to press like the bump was more pronounced(which is why I stopped using it for typing and got reds, lol). Also that sucks that your LED's failed. When my K70 does that, I'll probably remove all of the LED's and change them to blue(the picture of yours persuaded me :)).

man this is driving me nuts. i have such  bad OCD. these blues do not feel like blues. its driving me nuts 

i was at my local wal fart (wal mart) and they have one of the new razer blackwidow ultimate with the green Kailh switches (razer branded blue switches) they have more of a louder click and they dont feel soft and mushy. :(  granted i know they're not cherry switches but still. this is just driving me nuts

I also RMAed my K70 but it was an MX Brown because of dead LEDs. I felt like the new switches were lighter to the touch though, but I won't complain as it still has that slight tactile bump that I want to feel.

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670k Mobo: MSI Z97 Gaming 3 RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 8GB 1866 Video Card: MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G SSDSamsung 840 Evo 250GB HDD: WD 1TB + 500GB Caviar Blue
PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 750W G2 Case: Gigabyte GZ-G1 Mouse: Corsair M65 RGB Keyboard: Corsair K70 MX Brown MousePad: Corsair MM200
Steam/Origin/Uplay: renz62