H100i pump noise fix?

The pump of my H100i makes these weird noises. I set it to quiet mode in the Corsair Link software but it still runs at 4000+ RPM, how can I turn it down to operate it silent?

The pump of my H100i makes these weird noises. I set it to quiet mode in the Corsair Link software but it still runs at 4000+ RPM, how can I turn it down to operate it silent?

first would be to determine if the pump is the source of the noise or the fan controller.

4000rpm is the pump speed or the fan speed (OE fans only run 2800 rpm and pump

2200 rpm max)?

if you disconnect the fans from the H100i, does the sound still exist? if so, the pump

is the culprit. if the sound disappears, then the controller is at fault. since you have

the Corsair Link up, you can do a firmware update to fix the controller issue (if

diagnosed). most move the fans to the motherboard fan headers for less headache

of Corsair Link reporting. adjusting the LED color and then uninstall CL and leave

the fan control to the mobo.

I use Corsairs AS SPs so these are silent, it is the pump. I use 1 time multiplier on the pump not 2 as standard

I use Corsairs AS SPs so these are silent, it is the pump. I use 1 time multiplier on the pump not 2 as standard

It's a noisy pump, not much to do about it.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

That's bs. It's the noisiest thing on my pc. I'm sick of this kkkkkk of this pump

That's bs. It's the noisiest thing on my pc. I'm sick of this kkkkkk of this pump

Theres a reason why I don't recommend the H100i and why there are so many refurbished ones.

What you can try doing is unplugging all of the Corsair Link cables, uninstall all of the software, and control everything through the motherboard.

Put the Pump's header on a chassis fan header, and the 2 fans on CPU FAN and CPU OPT.

Try changing the speed of the pump anywhere from 80-100%.  Hopefully that helps, if not, just RMA it.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

Try changing the speed of the pump anywhere from 80-100%.  Hopefully that helps, if not, just RMA it.

speed of the pump is constant (not variable). the SATA power is 12v. the single

wire connector is a tach sensor for pump speed. unless you put a resistor inline

of the SATA power connection, the pump is 12v solid.

speed of the pump is constant (not variable). the SATA power is 12v. the single

wire connector is a tach sensor for pump speed. unless you put a resistor inline

of the SATA power connection, the pump is 12v solid.

I'm able to change the speed of my Seidon 240M, and X31's Pump via Fan Xpert.  Figured it would be the same with H100i.

all there is is this:

For the H100i?

It is not possible to use just the 3pin header?  The sata power must also be connected?

For the H100i?

It is not possible to use just the 3pin header?  The sata power must also be connected?

yes, it is for the H100i. the power for the device is supplied through the SATA

plug and the tach sensor is for the CPU_FAN speed (fan error) prompt.

sure, cut off the SATA power plug, buy some fan pins and make it FAN_HEADER

friendly, but why. these pumps are not high pressure and don't need throttling.

lowering the speed (especially those that don't have a clue on what the

consequences are) has no effective results other than higher device temperatures.

also, the fan headers of the mobo usually don't supply a full 12-volts and can

cause issues. so the design is that the device get a full 12 to operate properly.

yes, it is for the H100i. the power for the device is supplied through the SATA

plug and the tach sensor is for the CPU_FAN speed (fan error) prompt.

sure, cut off the SATA power plug, buy some fan pins and make it FAN_HEADER

friendly, but why. these pumps are not high pressure and don't need throttling.

lowering the speed (especially those that don't have a clue on what the

consequences are) has no effective results other than higher device temperatures.

also, the fan headers of the mobo usually don't supply a full 12-volts and can

cause issues. so the design is that the device get a full 12 to operate properly.

Did not know that about the H100i.

Right, of course you want the pump to be running at its full 12v for the best performance.  I'm speaking on experience with my Seidon 240M and X31.  The X31 is by far the more problematic, being that it is also an Asetek design, I figured it would be similar to the H100i.  The pump of the X31 is very finicky.  If it is too low, it makes a rattling noise, if it is too high, it also makes a rattling noise. I have found that between 70-90% there is no rattling noise.  This device is plugged into a chassis fan header, and an internal USB header.

My Seidon 240M doesn't make any noise at all, except when it is at its full 100% speed, but even then, it is minimal.  I run it at 90% to get rid of the extra humming noise, and because the temperature is the same whether it be at 90% or 100%.  Same goes with the X31, the temperature is the same between 90% and 100%, except the rattling noise is not there at 90%, whereas at 100%, it is unbearable.

Good to know that the pump speed on the H100i cannot be altered without modifications, just all the more reason for people to avoid this AIO.

Did not know that about the H100i.

Right, of course you want the pump to be running at its full 12v for the best performance.  I'm speaking on experience with my Seidon 240M and X31.  The X31 is by far the more problematic, being that it is also an Asetek design, I figured it would be similar to the H100i.  The pump of the X31 is very finicky.  If it is too low, it makes a rattling noise, if it is too high, it also makes a rattling noise. I have found that between 70-90% there is no rattling noise.  This device is plugged into a chassis fan header, and an internal USB header.

My Seidon 240M doesn't make any noise at all, except when it is at its full 100% speed, but even then, it is minimal.  I run it at 90% to get rid of the extra humming noise, and because the temperature is the same whether it be at 90% or 100%.  Same goes with the X31, the temperature is the same between 90% and 100%, except the rattling noise is not there at 90%, whereas at 100%, it is unbearable.

Good to know that the pump speed on the H100i cannot be altered without modifications, just all the more reason for people to avoid this AIO.

nothing wrong with the H100i. at the best it is inexperience. i've owned/installed

many H-series coolers and never have the issues that others do. no pump noises,

controller issues CL recognition.

to say that because your pumps do make noise, but throttling the voltage is not

the problem solver, but a patch for the issue. like the H220 the pumps get an

airlock and without moving the air blockage, the pump bearing get scored and

produce clocking/grinding, as same for the other AIOs.

i'll keep recommending the H100i.

nothing wrong with the H100i. at the best it is inexperience. i've owned/installed

many H-series coolers and never have the issues that others do. no pump noises,

controller issues CL recognition.

to say that because your pumps do make noise, but throttling the voltage is not

the problem solver, but a patch for the issue. like the H220 the pumps get an

airlock and without moving the air blockage, the pump bearing get scored and

produce clocking/grinding, as same for the other AIOs.

i'll keep recommending the H100i.

And when people keep coming to this very forum complaining about various problems with their H100i I will point to all of their issues with mounting, pump noise, and buggy software.

The fan header of the H100i is connected to the CPU_OPT because I use the CPU_FAN for my Fanhub. The pump doesn't make the noise period, sometimes it's silent but sometimes it makes this noise