PS4 & Audio

Mecami

Hey guys,

I have a quick question, hope you can help me! Thanks in advance!

1. Can you plugin a if FiiO E10 + DT 990 into a PS4?

--> If not, what other options are there to get audio if playing on a PC monitor?

CPU: i7-4770k (LM modded) - MB: GA-Z87X-UD3H - RAM: HyperX, 16GB 1866MHz - GPU: Palit GTX 980Ti Super - Storage: 1TB HDD + 500GB/120GB SSD (850 Evo/840) - Monitor: Predator XB271HU - PSU: 700W BeQuiet 80+ Gold

As of audio outputs, PS4 has audio over HDMI plus optical audio port on the console itself and 3.5mm jack on the controller to which you can connect basically any headphones/amps you want. Oh, and some USB wireless headsets such as Logitech G930 work with it as well. Also there's Bluetooth, but that might be just for the voice chat.

Any unknown button should be pressed even number of times.

As of audio outputs, PS4 has audio over HDMI plus optical audio port on the console itself and 3.5mm jack on the controller to which you can connect basically any headphones/amps you want. Oh, and some USB wireless headsets such as Logitech G930 work with it as well. Also there's Bluetooth, but that might be just for the voice chat.

Thanks for the info, but in the case of the DAC you connect it via usb and plugin headphones into the 3,5mm jack on the front. So i guess i won't be able to connect my DAC then, just my dt's into the controller directly?

CPU: i7-4770k (LM modded) - MB: GA-Z87X-UD3H - RAM: HyperX, 16GB 1866MHz - GPU: Palit GTX 980Ti Super - Storage: 1TB HDD + 500GB/120GB SSD (850 Evo/840) - Monitor: Predator XB271HU - PSU: 700W BeQuiet 80+ Gold

Thanks for the info, but in the case of the DAC you connect it via usb and plugin headphones into the 3,5mm jack on the front. So i guess i won't be able to connect my DAC then, just my dt's into the controller directly?

Oh right, the E10 is a DAC (silly me, thought it was an amplifier) ... I honestly have no idea if PS4 will be compatible with it. Unless maybe you'll be able to somehow make E10 work with optical audio output via a converter or something?

Maybe this will help, seems like E17 works with it.

Any unknown button should be pressed even number of times.

Did anyone already try this out, if you can make a FiiO e10 + ps4 work? Would really appreciate some info on this.

Just an FYI my DT770s sounds fine from my ps4 controller at max volume, less than that it gets pretty quite, but I think its totally acceptable volume and sound quality.

Just an FYI my DT770s sounds fine from my ps4 controller at max volume, less than that it gets pretty quite, but I think its totally acceptable volume and sound quality.

Oh that's good to know. I think I'll just try it out that way then, thanks!