Watercooling Help

Hi there, 

I'm looking to overclock my CPU (i7-4790k) for an upcoming build, just wondering exactly what parts I would need to do this. 

Thanks

Are you wanting a custom loop or a closed loop (Like the H100i from Corsair)?

EDIT:

For a custom loop with just the CPU you'll need:

Reservoir

Pump

Radiator

CPU Block

Fittings

Tubing

Coolant

Fans

A CPU, a non-crappy motherboard, a good cooler, and a power supply that's not some Chinese knock-off. Remember, it is not guaranteed that the chip will OC well, if at all. 

Are you wanting a custom loop or a closed loop (Like the H100i from Corsair)?

EDIT:

For a custom loop with just the CPU you'll need:

Reservoir

Pump

Radiator

CPU Block

Fittings

Tubing

Coolant

Fans

Hi there, what is the difference between a custom loop and a closed loop?

Sorry I have limited knowledge of water cooling so far.

ALSO, do you reckon it would be ok if I just used a bunch of fans to cool an overclocked CPU instead of water cooling?

Thanks

Hi there, what is the difference between a custom loop and a closed loop?

Sorry I have limited knowledge of water cooling so far.

ALSO, do you reckon it would be ok if I just used a bunch of fans to cool an overclocked CPU instead of water cooling?

Thanks

Custom loop is made up of separate components that you need to connect yourself, as well as fill up the loop and bleed the air bubbles out.

Closed loop is pre assembled and you just have to install it and connect some cables, much easier.

If you're not very confident with watercooling, I would suggest either a closed loop or an air cooler. Air coolers are cheaper and tend to be quieter. A good budget one is the Hyper 212 EVO. A high end one is the Noctua NH-D14. The issue with high end air coolers in clearance, both with the side panel and RAM.   

Custom loop is made up of separate components that you need to connect yourself, as well as fill up the loop and bleed the air bubbles out.

Closed loop is pre assembled and you just have to install it and connect some cables, much easier.

If you're not very confident with watercooling, I would suggest either a closed loop or an air cooler. Air coolers are cheaper and tend to be quieter. A good budget one is the Hyper 212 EVO. A high end one is the Noctua NH-D14. The issue with high end air coolers in clearance, both with the side panel and RAM.   

Thanks man

gl, but i'd watch some video tutorials on ocing your cpu. It doesn't sound like you know what you're in for.