MMORPGs that require huge micro-management

That Norwegian Guy

So I realized I hate MMORPGs that are super simple to play. Too many MMOs, my keystrokes seem to be 1-1-1-1-1-2-2-2-2-2-3-3-3-3-3 rinse/repeat. Like Guild Wars 2, Tera and such.

Anybody know some good MMOs where the player has to rotate at least 14-20 skills regularly to play optimally with fringe/situational additional skills that actually have meaning unlike Rift?

Games I know of:

-Age of Conan

-EVE

Those are pretty much the ones I know of where micro is king.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

well WoW  you have TONS of spells and potions and proffs and such heh....but i only played on Wotlk i think its getting really dumbed down tallentwise and so on...

well WoW  you have TONS of spells and potions and proffs and such heh....but i only played on Wotlk i think its getting really dumbed down tallentwise and so on...

But they're not really required to be used a lot.

Like, in Age of Conan, if you're tanking as a Guardian, you and/or your healer are dead in two seconds if you don't perfectly rotate around 14 skills, and in addition the system is combo based so one misclick can be terrible, not to mention all the reactive skills and the dodging.

That's the kind of gameplay I like, where it's 100% concentration or failure.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Well have you played Rift to get high enough level to actually do the hard content? like Experts and Raids? You can't compare hard content in one game to easy/casual questing in another lol I know for a fact that raiding in Rift is very difficult and with the amount of customization with the specs, there are some builds that are very intricate to play.

I've heard Age of Wushu is the EVE online version of warcraft. I haven't watched too much on it but it seemed to be a lot involved with stances and stuff to link moves plus combat in the air and lots of weird stuff.

Well have you played Rift to get high enough level to actually do the hard content? like Experts and Raids? You can't compare hard content in one game to easy/casual questing in another lol I know for a fact that raiding in Rift is very difficult and with the amount of customization with the specs, there are some builds that are very intricate to play.

I played Rift for 9 months in alpha with my entire guild and one month after launch as a Chloromancer/ Warlock combo (mostly because it was micro heavy) - got up to third boss with our guild in Greenscale's Blight before we left, Rift was better than the average MMO in this regard but I was just so sick of it. It's still not as intensive in micro as I like though.

I've heard Age of Wushu is the EVE online version of warcraft. I haven't watched too much on it but it seemed to be a lot involved with stances and stuff to link moves plus combat in the air and lots of weird stuff.

Interesting. I was looking at that when it was in alpha but didn't play it because asian-looking MMOs tend to get on my nerves, but at least this one is more low fantasy than high fantasy and I can deal with that. I'll have a look :)

Dragon Nest? In high level dungeons/end game nests/raids one single wrong move/concentration falter can get you killed

I hear League of Legends is good, but I`m unsure as to whther or not the gameplay fits what you`re asking for.

Sarah Jessica Parker

I played Rift for 9 months in alpha with my entire guild and one month after launch as a Chloromancer/ Warlock combo (mostly because it was micro heavy) - got up to third boss with our guild in Greenscale's Blight before we left, Rift was better than the average MMO in this regard but I was just so sick of it. It's still not as intensive in micro as I like though.

I mean Rift is no Starcraft haha but like you said it is better than most mmo's and that being alpha and launch (which I played to so I know how it was back then) the souls trees have gotten another soul added and there has been a LOT of balancing to the trees and the raids have gotten much better since greenscale. The micro heavy builds these days are like support builds for cleric/rogue/warrior, balancing combo points with a intricate build requires more micro and combine that with knowing when to dps/heal and still have raid awareness. Like I said it isn't Starcraft by any means but more so that many mmo's out.