Background Noise and Feedback with ModMic 4

Scottland567

I've just got a mod mic and have problems with extreme background noise and feedback, if I was to turn down the mic to stop the feedback no one can hear me.  The background noise has been an issue for a while, even with past headsets.  I think it may be a problem with my on board sound on my motherboard however I have quite good sound on my motherboard as I have an ASUS Sabertooth z87.

Any suggestions or fixes are really appreciated, thank you for your time.

I've just got a mod mic and have problems with extreme background noise and feedback, if I was to turn down the mic to stop the feedback no one can hear me.  The background noise has been an issue for a while, even with past headsets.  I think it may be a problem with my on board sound on my motherboard however I have quite good sound on my motherboard as I have an ASUS Sabertooth z87.

Any suggestions or fixes are really appreciated, thank you for your time.

Edit. 

I have the same problem, I ordered this http://www.amazon.com/Syba-SD-CM-UAUD-Adapter-C-Media-Chipset/dp/B001MSS6CS/ref=cm_cd_ql_qh_dp_t Just need to wait until it arrives.

You must "Quote" to get my attention​.

~IBIubbleTea - 20/07/2014 

Plug the mic into your motherboard before buying anything. Front input for mics tend to pick up a lot of noise.

Many onboard soundcards will have issues when they lack proper filtering of the power going into it. Motherboard manufacturers simply do not put much effort into providing a very good soundcard. some may try to make it look fancy and claim to have a split power plane for it, but really it connects to the rest of the board just at a slightly different area.

If you look at virtually every other component on the motherboard that is responsible for communicating with the CPU,, RAM and other important non optional components, you will see a massive amount of filtering and all of the modern tricks to ensure as clean of a signal as possible. then when you see the audio, it becomes more like a generic implementation.

For best results, get a dedicated soundcard like recommended in the video. I have used the cheap USB ones and while they can have less noise, they lack hardware acceleration, and will sometimes have different timings, and thus audio and video sync may drift by a few milliseconds. they also lack dedicated processing for things such as noise reduction, so while the self noise will be lower, it will not filter out things such as a loud fan or air conditioner.