Radeon HD 7770

kimouk

I m going to buy this card (Radeon HD 7770) soon enouf. i got a 300W PSU is it enouf to run it? also i got PCI-E 1.0 (the older one) and the card is PCI-E 3.0 will this be a problem.Is there something else i need to check on the motherboard bfr buying the card? plz help me cauz sellers in my town dont know any thing they ll just sell me the card without even knowing if my pc can run it.

(Sorry for making 2 threads about graphic cards but i changed my mind about the GTX 550 Ti after Dim's comment )

What are the others specs for your rig? Also, who is the maker of the power supply/age of the unit?

OK, so wether or not a 300w psu can run your gfx card also depends on your other components, but generally speaking, the retailers reccomend a psu of 450w or more, so i think your out of luck there. Additionally, it is pci 2.o or above iirc so i dont think that will work either. Sorry that this won't work out, so i guell u'll have to upgrade most of your system.

CPU i5 3570k @ 4.5GHz Motherboard MSI Z77A-G43 RAM 16GB Patriot Somthingortheother GPU XFX 7870 GHz Edition Case Corsair Vengeance C-70 Black Storage 120GB Kingston HyperX 3k + 1tb Seagate HDD PSU Corsair HX650  

Displays 2 old 1080p Acer and Samsung ones Cooling Corsair H60

† TTCF Member †

@Drethstoff

@cxz

CPU :Core 2 duo 2.9 Ghz

Graphic card 8500 GT (so bad card :c )

RAM: 3Go

Motherbord: Biostar 945GC-M7 TE

PSU: 300W i think not sure

Thanks for your help

@tengarp Are you sure about the pci-e 2.0 ? cauz some ppl say that graphic cards 2.0 are compatable with 1.0 .

Thanks for your replies

PCI-e 1.0 will run the card. Its the same as PCI-e 3.0 4x, which is fine for that card.

You would want a 400w unit of high quality at least.'

In my opinion you might want to save 400 or so dollars for a new build.

What are the others specs for your rig? Also, who is the maker of the power supply/age of the unit?

you would deff be better off and saveing up some money and buliding a new pc with at least pcie 2.0 or even better 3.0 and a better cpu and mobo and on

you would deff be better off and saveing up some money and buliding a new pc with at least pcie 2.0 or even better 3.0 and a better cpu and mobo and on

I think i ll just equip this card at the moment on this pc then later on i ll buy a new pc, i dont want it to run games on Ultra (my monitor resolution is 1024x768) i just need to run games like farcry 3 and AC3 even with meduim setting that ll do =)

I think i ll just equip this card at the moment on this pc then later on i ll buy a new pc, i dont want it to run games on Ultra (my monitor resolution is 1024x768) i just need to run games like farcry 3 and AC3 even with meduim setting that ll do =)

its always better to bulid your own pc then buy one in the store that has cheap parts then thay try to rip u off u can bulid a pc for the same prices that thay sell in a store that would have alot better parts then a store one but its all up 2 you

@Drethstoff @cxz CPU :Core 2 duo 2.9 Ghz Graphic card 8500 GT (so bad card :c ) RAM: 3Go Motherbord: Biostar 945GC-M7 TE PSU: 300W i think not sure Thanks for your help @tengarp Are you sure about the pci-e 2.0 ? cauz some ppl say that graphic cards 2.0 are compatable with 1.0 . Thanks for your replies

I would say that purchasing another power supply would be a solid option before plugging in a new graphics card. For the rest of the build it would be fine running the 7770. SInce your not running at the highest resolutions u should be fine with the set up you have now until you save enough money for an upgrade

@Drethstoff @cxz CPU :Core 2 duo 2.9 Ghz Graphic card 8500 GT (so bad card :c ) RAM: 3Go Motherbord: Biostar 945GC-M7 TE PSU: 300W i think not sure Thanks for your help @tengarp Are you sure about the pci-e 2.0 ? cauz some ppl say that graphic cards 2.0 are compatable with 1.0 . Thanks for your replies

I would say that purchasing another power supply would be a solid option before plugging in a new graphics card. For the rest of the build it would be fine running the 7770. SInce your not running at the highest resolutions u should be fine with the set up you have now until you save enough money for an upgrade

but if when u did ever want to upgrade and not pay so much i would look into something like a fm2 motherbord like this one here http://us.ncix.com/products/?sku=76850&vpn=FM2-A85XA-G65&manufacture=MSI%2FMicroStar and for a cpu prob go for a amd if you dont wanna pay alot

yeah id say just save up for a decent 400/450W psu just to be on the safe side as the radeon 7770 uses like 100W peak usage so just go for a good 400W and you should be good hope i helped

Thank you all for your help i m going to buy the 7770 this week with a power supply 450 or more .

[h=2][/h]