AMD Boost doesn't properly work

Go to solution Solved by Novistion,

1. Insure that your PSU okay and that it as connect to a strong rail (also that it is getting enough power you know)

2. make sure boost is on, sometimes boost just turns off and overclocking doesn't go well sometimes

Since I'm new to this forum and this is my first post, I thought I might tell you guys a little bit about myself, before coming to the reason you're probably here. If you aren't interested in this feel free to skip to the interesting part.

I'm a 20 year old guy from Germany. Therefore my english might be a little off, but I try my best to keep my posts as close to real english grammatics as possible.

I have been following the LinusTechTips youtube channels for a long time. I still know the times where Linus would unpakage the new stuff he got in the parking lot of ncix, but I never had any problems nor great nollege with PCs since I never really owned one. So I build my own a few weeks backand now I'm here.

Interesting Part:

I am experiencing the following problem: My ca. 3 week old Graphics card (Asus Radeon R9 280 DirectCU II TOP Active PCIe 3.0 x16) has a base clock of 874MHz and a factory boost clock of 980MHz. However my R9 is very picky about turning said boost clock on. Is there a solution or should I just try to return the card to the retailer and get a new one?

I searched the internet, but I didn't found anyone have the same problem or a solution to the problem.

I really want to overclock the card. I know it runs stable with 15%+ Powerlimit, 1100 MHz Coreclock and the Memory clock at 1500MHz I didn't touch the core voltage. I know it runs stable because I was able to test it during one of the sessions with the boost clock active.

All the overclocking and monitoring was done with MSI Afterburner Version 4.0.0 and the Riva Tuner that comes with the Afterburner.

I have the newest graphics drivers installed. I also have the Catalystcenter installed. Is it that interfering with MSI afterburner, since it has its own overclocking tool?

I attached two pictures. One is of the overclocking settings and the other one is a ingame pic of Battlefield 3 with load, how hot it gets and a display of the non boost.

For your information: I have the MB Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3P Motherboard and a FX-6350 6x 3.9GHz and I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit.

If you need any more information to solve the problem, just let me know.

Every response dealing with the problem is appreciated.

-Rasoar

post-155106-0-47108700-1414690170.jpg

post-155106-0-48646900-1414690174.jpg

1. Insure that your PSU okay and that it as connect to a strong rail (also that it is getting enough power you know)

2. make sure boost is on, sometimes boost just turns off and overclocking doesn't go well sometimes

Ran by coffee

I feel really stupid now. I checked all the connections and pushed all the wires in. Everything seems to work fine now.

Thanks for the quick response.

I feel really stupid now. I checked all the connections and pushed all the wires in. Everything seems to work fine now.

Thanks for the quick response.

Anytime c:

Ran by coffee