Very Important Question

Raptr0zz

Hello guys, so I am a graphic designer who recently started doing motion design as well so I am developing my skills fast and I needed a new computer stronger than my last one so now I am being made a computer and I wanted to ask which will be better an integrated Intel HD graphics card or a Nvidia :?

Please give me solid reasons why should I choose the card you tell me to. :) :3

Hello guys, so I am a graphic designer who recently started doing motion design as well so I am developing my skills fast and I needed a new computer stronger than my last one so now I am being made a computer and I wanted to ask which will be better an integrated Intel HD graphics card or a Nvidia :?

Please give me solid reasons why should I choose the card you tell me to. :) :3

... "Graphic Designer" ... "Integrated" ... No. Just no. 

Why do you plan to use an integrated GPU ... for graphic design? I don't think that'll end well. At all.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Can I ask your current rig specs? Most Photo/Video Softwares benefit with GPU acceleration. How do I know this you ask, its because I am a multimedia producter for few companys. What that means is I do Audio/Video/Photo/Web design and thanks to my dedicated graphics I get it down much faster when less wear and tare on my machine. Also GPU is way faster then CPU so if you have a dedicated GPU things get done much faster. integrated graphics actually use your RAM which is super slow. Example: Current memory standards are 1600Mhz where GPU's are 6000Mhz. Just saying.

CPU: AMD FX-8350 @ 4.8ghz  |  Motherboard: Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z  |  Video Card:  Radeon HD 7970 Ghz Edition 6GB  |  Ram: 32Gb Corsair 2400Mhz  |  SSD: Samsung 840 120GB X2 Raid 0  |  Storage: WD Black 2TB X2 Raid 0  |  Power Supply: Corsair AX1200   Case: Corsair 800D  |  Monitors: 3X 2560X1440 LED  |  OS: Windows 8 Pro 64-bit  |  Keyboard: Logitech G19  |  Mouse: Logitech G600 MMO  |  GamerTag: ZombieS1ayerKing  |  Quote: “Programming is like sex, one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life.”

Well man I mainly need it because I need to make intros both 3d and 2d - Cinema 4d & After effects and I am not sure if I will need stronger than 1gb nvidia and I am reallyyy scared if it won't be enough for c4d and I don't have the money for another one as I said these are the properties for the new computer they are constructing me it will have 8 GB ram, Intel core i3 or i5.I think you don't need the other characteristics :s

An i3 for after effects doesn't seem right to me. You will need good multi-threaded performance. AMD processors will be best suited for you since you're on a budget.

If you already have the rig, then you can't do much about it.

As a light after effects user, I suggest you to get a Nvidia GPU. For best CUDA performance, get any 500 series card like 560Ti/570. The 600 series is weaker at GPGPU calculations. You won't get the performance for the money you are investing with the 600 series.

If you have a higher budget, a Quadro card is your best deal. It makes working with after effects hassle free. You can render your work in real time.

for a Designer PC (that is not the same that a Gamer PC) i will put there a

i7 (with 8 threats) or a FX (with 8 cores)

8GB ram (or 16, or 32)

and a GTX 770 with 4GB (GDDR5)

for a Designer PC (that is not the same that a Gamer PC) i will put there a

i7 (with 8 threats) or a FX (with 8 cores)

8GB ram (or 16, or 32)

and a GTX 770 with 4GB (GDDR5)

Its not gonna be cheap but what is posted here is 100% correct unless you dont mind waiting around and tons of lockups. I do this stuff daily trust me its not overkill.

CPU: AMD FX-8350 @ 4.8ghz  |  Motherboard: Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z  |  Video Card:  Radeon HD 7970 Ghz Edition 6GB  |  Ram: 32Gb Corsair 2400Mhz  |  SSD: Samsung 840 120GB X2 Raid 0  |  Storage: WD Black 2TB X2 Raid 0  |  Power Supply: Corsair AX1200   Case: Corsair 800D  |  Monitors: 3X 2560X1440 LED  |  OS: Windows 8 Pro 64-bit  |  Keyboard: Logitech G19  |  Mouse: Logitech G600 MMO  |  GamerTag: ZombieS1ayerKing  |  Quote: “Programming is like sex, one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life.”

I am not sure if I will need stronger than 1gb nvidia and I am reallyyy scared if it won't be enough for c4d and I don't have the money for another

So thank you guys for your answers they were useful but I want to know what is in the quote if someone of you could answer me I would be really grateful. :)

What monitor will you be running? 1080p 1440p 1600p if you are only going to have 1080 or under you can get by decently but wont have the best viewing experience. I would say go 2GB just incase, whats your budget for graphics card?

Well bro its 1440p, but as for changing the card I can't do that anymore since they have built my new computer already but they still haven't gave it to me cuz there are some software issues they need to fix, but if you say that it will be big problem if it is 1gb then after some time I'll change the video card myself.