Gtx 980 cooling

Go to solution Solved by the jolly roger,

But I want to water cool it

well that is another story, with watercooling you can OC the SHIT out of it, specially with such an efficient chip like maxwell.

most waterblocks come in a waterblock/backplate combo, with backplate are usually for dat bling bling

hey linus community do I need a back plate and a water block to cool a gtx 980

Thanks

Wolffangs147

Its when dragons have so much sex that the cpu cant handle it

Nope the reference cooler should be good enough depending on your OC. 

<p>CPU: AMD FX-8320 @ 4.0 GHz | GPU: Asus GTX 970 STRIX | RAM: 8GB (2x4GB) Corsair Vengeance LP 1600MHz | Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3P ATX | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 500GB (Boot Drive) | HDD: 500GB | Case: Corsair SPEC-02 Red |PSU: Corsair 750W | OS: Windows 7 64-Bit | Mouse: Corsair M65 (Black) | Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB (Black w/ Brown Switches)

hey linus community do I need a back plate and a water block to cool a gtx 980

Nope. The 980 doesn't produce that much heat, pretty much any cooler that comes with a 980 will do perfectly fine, even the reference blower.

"Rawr XD"

Its when dragons have so much sex that the cpu cant handle it

He said that he wants to water cool it, he wasn't asking if he needed to water cool it to overclock it.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

well that is another story, with watercooling you can OC the SHIT out of it, specially with such an efficient chip like maxwell.

most waterblocks come in a waterblock/backplate combo, with backplate are usually for dat bling bling

Are you new to the forums???? read the Code of Conduct HERE WANT SOME AWESOME LTT THEMED WALLPAPERS??? check out XTanksSlayerX's wallpaper thread HERE 

"May our framerates be high, and our temperatures low" - PC MasterRace

You don't need a back plate but if you like the way it looks then get one. 

<p>CPU: AMD FX-8320 @ 4.0 GHz | GPU: Asus GTX 970 STRIX | RAM: 8GB (2x4GB) Corsair Vengeance LP 1600MHz | Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3P ATX | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 500GB (Boot Drive) | HDD: 500GB | Case: Corsair SPEC-02 Red |PSU: Corsair 750W | OS: Windows 7 64-Bit | Mouse: Corsair M65 (Black) | Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB (Black w/ Brown Switches)