How to mute specific application

sky_scourge14

Hi

so i play counter strike global offensive with a few friends and i was wondering if it is possible to mute skype whilst in game with a macro (i have a logitech g105 keyboard) 

Why: i usually get clutch rounds but when i play with a specific friend he puts me down which results in me losing the round.

i prefer not to alt+tab (and yes only skype i can't convince them to us a different voip) 

Thanks.....

I am sure you could set up a macro to mute the entire application through windows, rather than using the built in function. 

5.1GHz 4770k

My Specs

Intel i7-4770K @ 4.7GHz | Corsair H105 w/ SP120 | Asus Gene VI | 32GB Corsair Vengeance LP | 2x GTX 780Ti| Corsair 750D | OCZ Agility 3 | Samsung 840/850 | Sandisk SSD | 3TB WD RED | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | Corsair RM850 | ASUS PB278Q | SyncMaster 2370HD | SyncMaster P2450

I am sure you could set up a macro to mute the entire application through windows, rather than using the built in function. 

i am quite a noob at computers I've been looking for a solution everywhere any idea how to do it ?

Windows Sound Mixer. The one thing everyone uses but doesn't utilize it to the fullest.

"Instinct or Rationality; Which will you choose? Enchanted by a superiority complex"

"what you do in spite of internet speed is inspiring. :3" From Cae - 2015

Just simply click on the Sound icon on the taskbar notification, then click on Mixer. You can mute the sound of specific apps.

Spoiler

Just simply click on the Sound icon on the taskbar notification, then click on Mixer. You can mute the sound of specific apps.

to do that I'm required to alt tab out of the game is that right ?

i prefer not too

to do that I'm required to alt tab out of the game is that right ?

i prefer not too

Yes you have to be at the desktop in order to do that. Hope someone can help you

Spoiler

i am quite a noob at computers I've been looking for a solution everywhere any idea how to do it ?

Yes you have to be at the desktop in order to do that. Hope someone can help you

I am no master of programming, but I am sure it can't be very hard to write a script to assign a hotkey to do just that

5.1GHz 4770k

My Specs

Intel i7-4770K @ 4.7GHz | Corsair H105 w/ SP120 | Asus Gene VI | 32GB Corsair Vengeance LP | 2x GTX 780Ti| Corsair 750D | OCZ Agility 3 | Samsung 840/850 | Sandisk SSD | 3TB WD RED | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | Corsair RM850 | ASUS PB278Q | SyncMaster 2370HD | SyncMaster P2450

I am no master of programming, but I am sure it can't be very hard to write a script to assign a hotkey to do just that

Yes, agree with that. There's always a solution

Spoiler

I asked my friends that studied Computer Science, but they are all too classy for such low grade work -.- 

5.1GHz 4770k

My Specs

I asked my friends that studied Computer Science, but they are all too classy for such low grade work -.- 

haha, i haven't found a way yet but still looking around thanks for trying though