TV Provider Replacement?

Unless I'm just blind, I can't seem to find an OS or program out there that supports making multiple streams of content from a HTPC to a TV. Pretty much allowing me to create a Playlist for each Stream and then letting them run. You turn on the TV instead of getting a satellite TV Guide you get a TV Guide for whats playing on all the streams, and you just flip through the currently active channels you created.

Something like a media server that transcodes multiple channels that can be all going at the same time.

If anyone has seen this let me know. My goal is to have something like this in place by the time I have kids (give or take 4-5 years) so that I can create the channels that are seen when the TV is turned on, and I can stream media I'd like them to see without stupid commercials and without them seeing shows I wish them not to see yet. I still want things to stream even if the TV is not on so that it has a more natural feel when you do turn it on.

I don't think this is possible, at the moment your best option to achieve the goal would be to build a library of approved content and not allowing them to watch anything from a broadcast source, aka cable/satalite/internet.

• 5 weeks later...

if u get a cable card its a pci card that lets u watch cable through tv wires in hd but doesnt work in canada  :(

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003B4VLJQ

works through internet but u need ur cable providers decoding card

i7-4930k   3xEvga gtx 780OC DC2 3gb    32gb corsair vengeance 2133mhz    asus rampage 4 extreme black  ~2 tb of ssd space

my speedtest 1932mbit down / 497mbit up  custom water cooled