Good notebook for students?

Charles Carron

I'm looking for a good laptop to use during the 5 days of the 7 I'm not able to use my rig at home. Something that looks good, has decent battery life and can play small games like super meat boy, tf2, binding if isaac... (or even higher end games if that's possible). Not willing to spend more than €1500 preferable around €1000.

Thanks in advance! :D

the best laptop for that price range would be the Macbook Air or Haswell Macbook Pro.

they have some of the best battery life in their category, awesome displays, and OS X is the best OS for students (less crashes and random errors than Windows or Linux)

plus, after you have had it for 2 or 3 years you can resell it for up to 70% of it's original value.

INTEL CORE I5 4670K | NVIDIA GTX 980 | NOCTUA NH-L9i | GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-SLI | KINGSTON 120GB V300

CM STORM QUICKFIRE TK | BENQ XL2420TE | ROCCAT SAVU | FRACTAL DEFINE R4

the best laptop for that price range would be the Macbook Air or Haswell Macbook Pro.

they have some of the best battery life in their category, awesome displays, and OS X is the best OS for students (less crashes and random errors than Windows or Linux)

plus, after you have had it for 2 or 3 years you can resell it for up to 70% of it's original value.

Yeah I heared macs where great for this kinda stuff. But I'm actually more of a windows fan...

Y50. The battery life isn't great, but it has killer specs and looks for the price. 

Laptop - Lenovo Y50   Keyboard - Corsair K95 RGB Cherry MX Brown   Mouse - Logitech G502 Proteus Core   Mousepad - Razer Firefly

Please read the LTT Code of Conduct before submitting a post

Unless you're a Computing student, I really would recommend that you at least take a look at what a macbook pro could offer you. They're great notebooks, with a crazy long battery life and good power for their size.

CPU: 5930K @ 4.5GHz | GPU: Zotac GTX 980Ti AMP! Extreme edition @ 1503MHz/7400MHz | RAM: 16GB Corsair Dom Plat @ 2667MHz CAS 13 | Motherboard: Asus X99 Sabertooth | Boot Drive: 400GB Intel 750 Series NVMe SSD | PSU: Corsair HX1000i | Monitor: Dell U2713HM 1440p monitor

I'm looking for a good laptop to use during the 5 days of the 7 I'm not able to use my rig at home. Something that looks good, has decent battery life and can play small games like super meat boy, tf2, binding if isaac... (or even higher end games if that's possible). Not willing to spend more than €1500 preferable around €1000.

Thanks in advance! :D

http://shop.lenovo.com/us/en/laptops/lenovo/z-series/z50/

here you go, tons of different options and models.