2.1 Audio Setup Recommendations for Laptop

acsel

Hello Guys!

My current setup is this one: 13" Retina MacBook Pro late 2013 on an mStand Laptop stand connected trough HDMI to an DELL U2414H who has an audio jack passthrough. I want to get a 2.1 audio system for this setup. To be honest, I don't want the best fidelity, audiophile grade level speakers, but something decent in the price range of $150 - $200. I already have a pair of ATH-M50 for my audiophile needs. :)

I've heard great things about Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 and the Logitech Z2300, but that are discontinued and I've found some good second hand deals. Also, what do you think about the Logitech Z263?

I have the promedia speakers. They work pretty well, but I replaced the stock satellite speakers with some Yamaha NS-10M'S speakers. They sound better, and have a much more filling sound. Just keep in mind the bigger speakers you connect to the sub, the more power they will draw resulting in the sub being quieter. Even with the Yamaha speakers, the sub hits hard. I just keep the sub volume at the white dot on the control pod.

Hope you find a good solution!

The idea is that Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 aren't that cheap in EU like the US. But I've found some great prices for the Logitech Z623.

@acsel Than if it's a good margin between the sets, I'd just get the Z623. Both are a pretty good set. I've not had the logitech, but from what I've read, they're pretty good. If the price is close, I'd spend a little extra and get the Klipsch ones though.  

The Klipsch ones are like double than the Logitech choices. I will start looking for reviews for the Z623 and Z2300.