760t Black back panel texture

Nem
I just purchased a black 760t and was looking forward to seeing the case for the first time in person

I opened it up and literally the very first thing I noticed after opening the windowed side panel was a series of what looked like scratch marks around the inside of the back panel latch.

I took a closer look at the back panel and noticed that from the outside the panel had this texture:

There was flash on my camera so it brings the texture out even more, but it is still noticeable under normal lighting conditions

That texture is NOT seen on the inside facing side of the back panel. However, those scratch lines that you see around the latch ARE visible on the inside (this was what I noticed earlier)

Frankly, this looks terrible. I thought that this is just a problem with the plastic maybe after an impact or something, but that texture is visible on the entire face of the back panel making me think its meant to be like this. But I can't even begin to understand why those scratch lines are there around the latch.

I'm pretty sure that this is just a defective panel, but I just wanted to post and make sure that 1) that texture is not meant to be part of the panel and 2) those scratch lines are not normal?

I haven't seen many people review the black version of this case so I'm not entirely sure if it is actually textured or not

It definitely looks like the acrylic got some pressure put on it. Judging from the lines around the handle, something probably bumped the metal handle and cracked it.

This probably qualifies as a shipping error and should be covered under warranty as defective

317 is watching. 317 is everywhere. 317 is life.

This is usually what happens if theres heavy strain on a acrylic / plexi panel. Might have happened during shipping. Try to return it...

Core i7 4820K  |  NH-D14 | Rampage IV Extreme | Asus R9 280X DC2T | 8GB G.Skill TridentX | 120GB Samsung 840 | NZXT H440  |  Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 650W