Cheapest possible laptop that can game?

Dubesta11

I am looking to buy a laptop mainly for college, so battery life, screen resolution, and design are top priority. But whats the minimum I could get that could, for example, play minecraft at a reasonable framerate, or handle FPS games without thermal throttling (like the Surface Pro 3). Would Intel HD 4600 be fine (i5/i7), or would at least an Nvidia 840/850m be necessary for a more enjoyable experience. I have a gaming desktop that can handle heavy programs, I just would like to be able to log into games on the go while still being capable of working in a college setting. I would like the budget to be around 800 dollars, but more if necessary.

Thanks! Remember, I don't want a "gaming" laptop.

Edit: Fixed my terrible spelling

The Grey Squirrel

CPU: i7-6700k @ 4.8GHz - CPU Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3 - Motherboard: ASUS Z170-E - GPU:  ASUS GTX 1060 DUAL

Case: Inwin 303 - RAM: 4x8GB Corsair LPX Storage: 2x Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 550W

Mouse: Logitech G502 Wired / Bungee Keyboard: Corsair Strafe Cherry MX Red Headphone: Sony MDR- 1R

Microphone:  Blue Yeti - Webcam: Logitech C920 - Monitors: 3x Dell S2415H 

I don't think you should be able to go to college if you can't spell it.

My sister has been in college for two years and doesn't know how to spell it. Don't act like somebody is dumb just because they don't know how to spell a word. 

RIP in pepperonis m8s

Okay that was quitem mean of me to say. I take it back. If you want to find a cheap laptop that can play games I would go with a 2012 Asus.

Check amazon for one with 8 gigs of ram and an i7. Usually 530 bucks.

Okay that was quitem mean of me to say. I take it back. If you want to find a cheap laptop that can play games I would go with a 2012 Asus.

Check amazon for one with 8 gigs of ram and an i7. Usually 530 bucks.

Link? I have no idea what your talking about. I found this: http://www.amazon.com/N550JK-DS71T-Full-HD-Touchscreen-Laptop-Aluminum-Body/dp/B00IAA5BSS/ref=sr_1_1?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1413403855&sr=1-1&keywords=N550JV Its definily not what your talking about, but its similar to what I want. It would be about 1250 after adding an SSD, which is a little more than I would like to spend. I might go for something like that if its worth it though.

The Grey Squirrel

CPU: i7-6700k @ 4.8GHz - CPU Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3 - Motherboard: ASUS Z170-E - GPU:  ASUS GTX 1060 DUAL

Case: Inwin 303 - RAM: 4x8GB Corsair LPX Storage: 2x Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 550W

Mouse: Logitech G502 Wired / Bungee Keyboard: Corsair Strafe Cherry MX Red Headphone: Sony MDR- 1R

Link? I have no idea what your talking about. I found this: http://www.amazon.com/N550JK-DS71T-Full-HD-Touchscreen-Laptop-Aluminum-Body/dp/B00IAA5BSS/ref=sr_1_1?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1413403855&sr=1-1&keywords=N550JV Its definily not what your talking about, but its similar to what I want. It would be about 1250 after adding an SSD, which is a little more than I would like to spend. I might go for something like that if its worth it though.

Get a Lenovo y50 for 1000 bucks.

What I heard from this: http://www.amazon.com/Lenovo-15-6-Inch-Gaming-Laptop-59425944/dp/B00K6ZIMPE/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1413412588&sr=1-1&keywords=lenovo+y50

-Good graphics

-Bad screen

-Good keyboard

-Bad battery

It seems like a budget gaming laptop with too many compromises.

The Grey Squirrel