Need help: want to build DIY version of the zotac zbox en760 what case should I use?

Does anyone know where I can find a case big enough for a z97 mini txi, or z97N wifi but small enough to function as a zotac zbox? 

Can you post the rest of your specs using PcPartPicker using the link bellow?

Because he had a hard drive.

Does anyone know where I can find a case big enough for a z97 mini txi, or z97N wifi but small enough to function as a zotac zbox? 

For the size of a zbox? No. They don't use replaceable parts. It would be a good deal larger. 

Keep in mind, though, that the Zbox uses laptop CPU / RAM with a heavily throttled desktop GPU. A 750Ti may perform better under those situations, and Galaxy is making a low-profile 750Ti. 

EDIT: I misread, I confused the Zotac zBox with the Gigabyte Brix. There are a few cases that are that small, but honestly with that size restriction you'd be left with a thermally limited computer, since they're so small. And getting a GPU into a case as small as a zBox would be a challenge. 

[TRUENO] i7 4770k (~4.4Ghz, 1.28v) || Thermalright Macho 120 || Asus Z87 Gryphon || 2x8Gb Mushkin Blackline|| Reference NVIDIA GTX770 || Corsair Neutron GTX 480GB || 2x3TB WD HDD || Corsair 350D || Corsair RM750

yeah my goal is to make a device for people so they could have a basic steam machine for their living room...I see a lot of people now days that take their laptop and hook it up to their tv and use wireless keyboard/ mouse. Now most people aren't gaming on these things mostly downloading content and streaming media, watching gopro video and so on.. I'm looking to build a device that can be mounted to the back of a tv or hidden and can handle basic games on a low setting or video and photo editing ..thanks for your help! I think something like this would work?

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/antec-case-isk110vesa

my second  question do you think it can hold those motherboards ?

I have also looked some from logicsupply.com do you think those styles would work they are mostly deigned around the NUC

I was going to point out that Antec makes some pretty sweet tiny Mini-ITX cases, but it looks like you have already figured that out.

Also, Antec cases are the only ones I'm aware of that are THIS small and I also wanted to build some kind of HTPC system using one of them, I think that would be a pretty fun project!  :)

EDIT: I think that would fit, but what about the other components? They've got to be somewhat powerful and also can not draw too much power from the wall because of the limited wattage power supply. 

Edited by Maowhree

CPU: INTEL i7-4770K | CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-C12P w/ NF-A15 | MoBo: Asus Z87-Deluxe | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB (2x4GB) @2400MHz | GPU: Asus GTX 760 DirectCU II | PSU: Seasonic X-850 (KM3)

CASE: Phanteks Enthoo Pro w/ white LEDs | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB (Boot Drive) | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB (Storage) | ODD(s): LG BH10 BD Rewriter + LG DVD Rewriter | 5.25": Scythe Kama Panel 3.1 |

GAMEPAD: XBOX 360 | KEYBOARD: CM Storm Quick Fire Rapid-i | OS: Windows 8.1 64 bit | MONITOR: Samsung SyncMaster T220HD | SPEAKERS: Logitech LS21

Can you post the rest of your specs using PcPartPicker using the link bellow?

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/csgpVn 

Sooo... right off the bat the build looks like it's having issues, any suggestions? 

Broken link

yeah that's weird I copy and pasted directly and it worked.

Of course, you can't put that kind of CPU Cooler in such a tiny case.. unless you want to keep the side panel off, that is.
Also, the GPU's interface doesn't match the one which is on the motherboard and the system's total power consumption exceeds the maximum wattage which can be supplied by the power unit.

CPU: INTEL i7-4770K | CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-C12P w/ NF-A15 | MoBo: Asus Z87-Deluxe | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB (2x4GB) @2400MHz | GPU: Asus GTX 760 DirectCU II | PSU: Seasonic X-850 (KM3)

CASE: Phanteks Enthoo Pro w/ white LEDs | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB (Boot Drive) | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB (Storage) | ODD(s): LG BH10 BD Rewriter + LG DVD Rewriter | 5.25": Scythe Kama Panel 3.1 |

GAMEPAD: XBOX 360 | KEYBOARD: CM Storm Quick Fire Rapid-i | OS: Windows 8.1 64 bit | MONITOR: Samsung SyncMaster T220HD | SPEAKERS: Logitech LS21

I don't know how to export PCPartPicker's system configurations, anyway..

Intel is offering some pretty decent CPUs with Intel HD Graphics 4600 and an extremely low power consumption (max TDP of like 25W or 35W).

The cheapest one is the Intel i3-4330TE (which is not listed on pcpartpicker.com). Just under 150$.

These are chips based on the FCLGA1150 socket, which fit just fine in any LGA1150 motherboard but may or may not be recognized by the BIOS. Aside from this, any motherboard should work.

The cheapest one is the ASRock H81M-ITX (if this one is not compatible, try with the ones which are more expensive until you find one of which software compatibility is proven). 55$ on Newegg.com.

Any compatible memory modules are fine, as long as their power consumption is limited to a maximum of a few watts and fit inside the case.

The cheapest 4GB Kit is from Crucial, 35$ on NCIX US. Any SSD you want is fine, but -again- please check their power consumption.

I have succeded in creating a system configuration on PCPartPicker which was right under 90W total power consumption (the CPU listed on their website says 54W but we're looking at the 35W model here), so it is possible.. but if you make any variations you'll have to check that once more to see if everything comes together or not.

Also, I believe PCPartPicker's informations about these components' power consumption are correct, hope they really are.

I spent a lot of time doing this (yeah, lot of free time this evening), hope it helps. :)

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2zbdJx

Here's a build that would be super nice. I took points from the other posters here.

I3 4130T

4Gb Crucial DDR3

240Gb Crucial m500

Gigabyte H81N (can support a mSATA SSD and a mPCIe network adapter)

Antec ISK110

[TRUENO] i7 4770k (~4.4Ghz, 1.28v) || Thermalright Macho 120 || Asus Z87 Gryphon || 2x8Gb Mushkin Blackline|| Reference NVIDIA GTX770 || Corsair Neutron GTX 480GB || 2x3TB WD HDD || Corsair 350D || Corsair RM750

I don't know how to export PCPartPicker's system configurations, anyway..

Intel is offering some pretty decent CPUs with Intel HD Graphics 4600 and an extremely low power consumption (max TDP of like 25W or 35W).

The cheapest one is the Intel i3-4330TE (which is not listed on pcpartpicker.com). Just under 150$.

These are chips based on the FCLGA1150 socket, which fit just fine in any LGA1150 motherboard but may or may not be recognized by the BIOS. Aside from this, any motherboard should work.

The cheapest one is the ASRock H81M-ITX (if this one is not compatible, try with the ones which are more expensive until you find one of which software compatibility is proven). 55$ on Newegg.com.

Any compatible memory modules are fine, as long as their power consumption is limited to a maximum of a few watts and fit inside the case.

The cheapest 4GB Kit is from Crucial, 35$ on NCIX US. Any SSD you want is fine, but -again- please check their power consumption.

I have succeded in creating a system configuration on PCPartPicker which was right under 90W total power consumption (the CPU listed on their website says 54W but we're looking at the 35W model here), so it is possible.. but if you make any variations you'll have to check that once more to see if everything comes together or not.

Also, I believe PCPartPicker's informations about these components' power consumption are correct, hope they really are.

I spent a lot of time doing this (yeah, lot of free time this evening), hope it helps. :)

thank you this helped out alot!

just an update i found this site http://www.mini-box.com.au/index.asp?laCode=ENGAU if anyone wants to help me put a mid to powerful parts list together I'll post the build and the results on youtube and put a link here so you can see the results of your help. I would like to keep the price under $600 because I am also looking to buy a 60" tv for this project if you have any suggestions for a tv I would appreciate that as well thanks everyone for all your help it's been awesome!

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/8Y2Zqs

Here's a modified list. I wasn't exactly sure what direction you wanted to go in, so I just put an i5 and 8Gb RAM into the system. 

Wow, those cases aren't half bad!

Also, Inwin 656 case (the case that is on pcpartpicker.com) looks pretty fine.

And check out http://www.mini-itx.com/store/cases, those with high wattage PSUs (120->) or an external one and also limited volume (I'd say under 4/5l if you want something very very small).

AND http://www.akasa.com.tw/update.php?tpl=product/product.detail.tpl&no=181&type=Chassis&type_sub=Mini%20ITX&model=AK-ITX05-BK and http://www.akasa.com.tw/update.php?tpl=product/product.detail.tpl&no=181&type=Chassis&type_sub=Mini%20ITX&model=AK-ITX04-BK are manufactured by a famous and reliable brand, look pretty good to me and come with a max. 120W (unfortunately) power supply unit. They also might be worth considering. But the most interesting thing here is that they offer a list of compatible CPUs and motherboards (probably not all of them though), so you can be sure you're picking the right stuff.

They support only -thin- mini-itx motherboards though, so keep in mind some mini-itx models are actually missing because of that.

Also, I saw some manufacturers including a PCI riser card with their cases too, but I would suggest against going for a dedicated graphics card.

I mean, that would output a lot of heat, need a bigger power supply and.. well, I don't really think it belongs to such a small mini-itx build. That is if you're not willing to go for a bigger enclosure instead.

By the way, I'm not really into AMD APUs, but I think that they offer better integrated graphics compared to Intel CPUs.. someone else might be able to suggest a good APU if you're planning to go that way. :)

Wow, those cases aren't half bad!

Also, Inwin 656 case (the case that is on pcpartpicker.com) looks pretty fine.

And check out http://www.mini-itx.com/store/cases, those with high wattage PSUs (120->) or an external one and also limited volume (I'd say under 4/5l if you want something very very small).

AND http://www.akasa.com.tw/update.php?tpl=product/product.detail.tpl&no=181&type=Chassis&type_sub=Mini%20ITX&model=AK-ITX05-BK and http://www.akasa.com.tw/update.php?tpl=product/product.detail.tpl&no=181&type=Chassis&type_sub=Mini%20ITX&model=AK-ITX04-BK are manufactured by a famous and reliable brand, look pretty good to me and come with a max. 120W (unfortunately) power supply unit. They also might be worth considering. But the most interesting thing here is that they offer a list of compatible CPUs and motherboards (probably not all of them though), so you can be sure you're picking the right stuff.

They support only -thin- mini-itx motherboards though, so keep in mind some mini-itx models are actually missing because of that.

Also, I saw some manufacturers including a PCI riser card with their cases too, but I would suggest against going for a dedicated graphics card.

I mean, that would output a lot of heat, need a bigger power supply and.. well, I don't really think it belongs to such a small mini-itx build. That is if you're not willing to go for a bigger enclosure instead.

By the way, I'm not really into AMD APUs, but I think that they offer better integrated graphics compared to Intel CPUs.. someone else might be able to suggest a good APU if you're planning to go that way. :)

Dude those cases are the shit! Thank you now I'm goignt o spend the next five our's building and rebuilding this thing in my head

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/8Y2Zqs

Here's a modified list. I wasn't exactly sure what direction you wanted to go in, so I just put an i5 and 8Gb RAM into the system. 

nice this is a definite possibility for what I'm trying to achieve thank you, and everyone else who has been helping 

http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=pico+psu+200w&tag=googhydr-20&index=aps&hvadid=30016333407&hvpos=1t1&hvexid=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=8638837055005838353&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=e&hvdev=c&ref=pd_sl_7t50gmh8s5_e

I didn't even know i had this option...man I've been out of the game too long...this makes most my case options completely possible  now i just need a case that can house a 16G ddr3 and a powerful processor that supports 1080P HD graphics with slim cooling fan/ heat sink.

http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=pico+psu+200w&tag=googhydr-20&index=aps&hvadid=30016333407&hvpos=1t1&hvexid=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=8638837055005838353&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=e&hvdev=c&ref=pd_sl_7t50gmh8s5_e

I didn't even know i had this option...man I've been out of the game too long...this makes most my case options completely possible  now i just need a case that can house a 16G ddr3 and a powerful processor that supports 1080P HD graphics with slim cooling fan/ heat sink.

The previous case can hold 16Gb of RAM, i was just not sure what you'd USE 16Gb for :)