Alienware m17x help

Hello, I bought an Alienware m 17x back in 2009 and Im looking to upgrade it. I want a new hard drive, possibly solid state, graphics card, and possibly processor if possible. Basically I'd like someone to tell me what parts the mother board will support and suggest parts and prices. I have two four gig ram cards in the computer right now, and the rest is basically standard what the laptop came with when I bought it.. I don't know all that much about computer parts and what would work and what wouldn't so all help would be welcomed!

I don't think you can upgrade the processor, but you can upgrade the GPU by looking on ebay and searching "Alienware m17x GTX/AMD XXXm GPU".

I personally wouldn't hold my breath on such an old laptop. Being from 2009 it's gonna bottleneck newer components and older components aren't going to perform much better than what you already have. Your laptop's from 2009, which was a time when there was a huge, huge gap between mobile dGPUs and their desktop counterparts. Nowadays that gap is closing rapidly, especially with Maxwell's efficiency, but older CPUs like the 1st gen i series (in fact forget those, your laptop has a Core 2) aren't powerful enough to take advantage of them. 

Same with SSDs, but not so much, although it is possible that your laptop is without Sata3.

To be honest, instead of upgrading, It would be a better idea to sell the laptop and use the money towards a new system. Trust me, you'll get a lot more performance for the money, alongside not having such a heavy paving stone.

Hello, I bought an Alienware m 17x back in 2009 and Im looking to upgrade it. I want a new hard drive, possibly solid state, graphics card, and possibly processor if possible. Basically I'd like someone to tell me what parts the mother board will support and suggest parts and prices. I have two four gig ram cards in the computer right now, and the rest is basically standard what the laptop came with when I bought it.. I don't know all that much about computer parts and what would work and what wouldn't so all help would be welcomed!