Broadwell release date

Go to solution Solved by Sintezza,

if they wait a year wouldn't the new architecture after skylake be coming out?

Well this is how its set on theire roadmap.

I dont realy understand this move from intel either, as far as i understand they are going to launch broadwell for socket 1150 Z97.

And Skylake locked cpu´s for socker 1151 Z170 / H170 chipsets, at the same time

whats the exact release date for the up coming Broadwell CPUs and what kind CPUs model i can expect ? 

whats the exact release date for the up coming Broadwell CPUs and what kind CPUs model i can expect ? 

Sometime in Q1/Q2 of 2015, and 5%~ faster than Haswell chips. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

How should we know? Jesus people google is your friend.

For the same reason we don't know, neither will Google: that information isn't official yet.

Sometime in Q1/Q2 of 2015, and 5%~ faster than Haswell chips. 

Thats what i called quick replying guys nice :) . Broadwell was supposed to be release Q4 2014 right ? . Will there be quad core and hexa core models or just quard core only like Haswell 

The funny thing is skylake is probably released only a few months after due to the delays on broadwell so I'm waiting for skylake to upgrade.

RIG: I7-4790k @ 4.5GHz | MSI Z97S SLI Plus | 12GB Geil Dragon RAM 1333MHz | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (1550MHz core/7800MHz memory) @ +18mV(Maxed out at 1650/7800 so far) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Closed) | Sound Blaster Z                                                                                                                        Getting: Noctua NH-D15 | Possible 250GB Samsung 850 Evo                                                                                        Need a console killer that actually shits on every console? Here you go (No MIR/Promo)

This is why you should not get an FX CPU for ANY scenario other than rendering on a budget http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/286142-fx-8350-r9-290-psu-requirements/?p=3892901 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/266481-an-issue-with-people-bashing-the-fx-cpus/?p=3620861

The funny thing is skylake is probably released only a few months after due to the delays on broadwell so I'm waiting for skylake to upgrade.

Actually thats my biggest concerns, no idea what to wait for Broadwell or Skylake or get what available now (Haswell)  :wacko:

Actually thats my biggest concerns, no idea what to wait for Broadwell or Skylake or get what available now (Haswell)  :wacko:

Skylake will have DDR4 and DDR3 options and a new microarchitecture as well. If skylake is soon enough after broadwell then I think it's worth the wait. Especially since Skylake will bring a fresh socket meaning more upgradeability. Broadwell marks the end of LGA 1150.

RIG: I7-4790k @ 4.5GHz | MSI Z97S SLI Plus | 12GB Geil Dragon RAM 1333MHz | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (1550MHz core/7800MHz memory) @ +18mV(Maxed out at 1650/7800 so far) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Closed) | Sound Blaster Z                                                                                                                        Getting: Noctua NH-D15 | Possible 250GB Samsung 850 Evo                                                                                        Need a console killer that actually shits on every console? Here you go (No MIR/Promo)

This is why you should not get an FX CPU for ANY scenario other than rendering on a budget http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/286142-fx-8350-r9-290-psu-requirements/?p=3892901 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/266481-an-issue-with-people-bashing-the-fx-cpus/?p=3620861

Thing is my current PC is really old but still runs most games at high settings (1080p avg 40fps).Anyway i like to upgrade soon as possible  :)

old one

core i7 930 @ 2.8 GHZ

EVGA x58

6GB  ram

GTX 660 2GB

new one i hoping to get

core i5 4590 @ 3.3GHz

ASUS or MSI Z97 or H97 basic mobo

8GB ram

GTX 970 4GB

im not going to do any overclocking 

Thats what i called quick replying guys nice :) . Broadwell was supposed to be release Q4 2014 right ? . Will there be quad core and hexa core models or just quard core only like Haswell 

Yes, and chips based on the 14 nm Broadwell architecture have actually begun shipping in the form of the new Core M laptop processors. Desktop stuff will probably begin to appear sometime in Q1/Q2 of 2015, though.

We haven't heard anything about changes to the core counts, but I'd be very surprised if we saw a mainstream i5 or i7 with 6 physical cores, as that would partially cannibalize their own i7-5820K's. Expect a one-for-one upgrade of the existing models with a minor IPC bump and lower TDP, similar to other generations since Sandy Bridge. Broadwell will probably be thoroughly unexciting, unless it ends up overclocking really well or something (which is possible).

skylake will only be launched with locked cpu´s next year.

the unlocked skylake chips will be in Q2 2016

If Broadwell comes in Q2 2015 and there wont be Hexa core versions , i don't think there's any point of waiting.

Hexacore cpu for intels MS platform?

i guess that will not happen for a long period of time.

if they wait a year wouldn't the new architecture after skylake be coming out?

Well this is how its set on theire roadmap.

I dont realy understand this move from intel either, as far as i understand they are going to launch broadwell for socket 1150 Z97.

And Skylake locked cpu´s for socker 1151 Z170 / H170 chipsets, at the same time

Hexacore cpu for intels MS platform?

i guess that will not happen for a long period of time.

until the software catches up to where the hardware is in most part there will be no use for more than 4 interger and 4 floating point cores like in the haswell CPUs and when there are uses for them they go into the Xeon CPUs where you can get up to a 18 core CPU at i think 2.2GHz and un-overclockable but speed isnt what is needed for the higher core count Xeons as much as thread processing is and really when will we get some high core count consumer applications?

the highest core count you can use atm is a 8 thread CPU so either a i7 or a FX.

Mainstream will not use more than 2 threads for a long long time as really how much does a word processor, internet broswer, and simple .mp3 music player need? ... ok compresstion / decompresstion of .zip files will use more but most ppl do not spend alot of time compressing and decompressing files. Saddly this is where AMD shines ... kinda AMD found out that haveing faster speeds is going to be better than more floating point cores so they have a 8 interger / 4 floating point core CPU called the FX 8-core line while Intel has a 4 interger /  4 floating point both with hyper threading called the i7 line

main question will be when will the programmers actually use the extra power given to them through actual preformance gains instead of bad or lacking programming? the newer compilers help alot yes and i am glad that i do not have to program like my mom and dad had to back int he 70s and 80s but still unless the morden day devs do it better the use of newer CPUs will just be with dimishening returns. ... though haveing more PCI-E lanes on the Haswell-E CPUs is going to be nice but unless using 1 or 2 M.2 drives and SLI set up it really isnt needed.

idk. something tells me they will be releasing the unlocked version of skylake as well. i might be wrong.. /: