Wireless Earbuds for workout?

Go to solution Solved by DJ H2 Mk2,

I've had the Jaybird Bluebuds X for about 3 months and they have gone through some tough drops but still going strong with no visible scratches or damage to sound quality

Hi all

I'm looking for a pair of good wireless earbuds. My budget is around $200 and I am looking for high quality sounding earbuds. That being said, most wireless earphones I have researched are bluetooth, which makes me question, if these are bluetooth standard earbuds, is there not an upper limit to the quality of the sound? 
The ones I have researched are:
-Jaybird Bluebud X

-Sennheiser CX 685

-Beats Powerbeats2

All of these are Bluetooth based I believe. Are there any wireless earphones that are NOT bluetooth? because Bluetooth is lossy which degrades audio performance.
And what is the best option in terms of wireless earbuds out there? I don't care much for battery life since I know I will charge it afterwards anyways.

Thanks!

Unfortunately the Sennheiser CX 685's aren't bluetooth (I'm sure you are aware if this, but never the less). However too your advantage they look to be quite durable and out of my experience Sennheiser products tend to be of good sound quality.

Ola Englund does not approve of your hashtags. Sleep is for the weak, insomnia builds character.

As you are reading this you are slowly traveling forwards in time to where you will get out of the time machine and continue to read posts. Too spookyfor100me.

Sennheiser.

Also MUSE

Unfortunately the Sennheiser CX 685's aren't bluetooth (I'm sure you are aware if this, but never the less). However too your advantage they look to be quite durable and out of my experience Sennheiser products tend to be of good sound quality.

Yeah unfortunately I initially thought the Sennheiser was wireless. SO IN TERMS OF THE WIRELESS ONES.. my mistake... Which do you guys recommend? I've been reading 1 or 2 odd reviews saying that the Jaybirds break easily... I live overseas so warranty isn't covered I think. But if it's usually good... I guess I'm willing to give it a try, that is if there are absolutely no better options of course...

Yeah unfortunately I initially thought the Sennheiser was wireless. SO IN TERMS OF THE WIRELESS ONES.. my mistake... Which do you guys recommend? I've been reading 1 or 2 odd reviews saying that the Jaybirds break easily... I live overseas so warranty isn't covered I think. But if it's usually good... I guess I'm willing to give it a try, that is if there are absolutely no better options of course...

Sorry if it came across a bit of an ass answer, but as for the whole "wireless" thing I was doing some searching after a previous post was put up a while ago and found these: http://www.plantronics.com/au/product/backbeat-go-2 They seem decent and not too pricey. If that isn't an option I'd give the Jaybirds a go and just hope they hold up for you.

Ola Englund does not approve of your hashtags. Sleep is for the weak, insomnia builds character.

As you are reading this you are slowly traveling forwards in time to where you will get out of the time machine and continue to read posts. Too spookyfor100me.

Jaybird Bluebud X

There have been some pretty negative reviews about Jaybird Bluebud X's breaking. The Jaybird customer service seems great (sending new ones to the owners). However, I live overseas so I basically have 0 warranty since Jaybird is not an available product in the market where I live. Thus, if Jaybird Bluebuds are easily broken...perhaps I need to look elsewhere.

I've had the Jaybird Bluebuds X for about 3 months and they have gone through some tough drops but still going strong with no visible scratches or damage to sound quality

Thank you all for your responses! I think I'm just going to risk it and give the Jaybird Bluebuds X a try. After all there were only 2 negative reviews on the Amazon website and well often time only the people who have had bad experiences bother to post.
Thanks everyone!