WINDOWS AUDIO PLEASE

please help me fix windows audio/reset it, no system restore

so i wanna just use windows audio and have it WORK , front panel connectors are correctly plugged in and the olny time i ever got windows audio to work correctly was on a fresh install and with it running through my yeti microphone , but for some reason or another something broke, magically and i makes me want to SCREAM, so i can no longer use any of the regular ports as they just flat out dont output audio . how do I do a full reset on windows audio , no i will never use system restore and im damn sure that realtek installs wont fix it , no matter how much I do them, or install it differently (all of which methods ive tried, the generic or the motherboard manufacture ones just break it.

p.s i also have linux mint dual booting and its audio just WORKs , didnt have to install anything or change a single setting , all of the inputs work and i can switch between them as i please.

plox help

Wait I'm having a hard time understanding your post. Does anything come through the headphones? What is your default audio device set to?

PC: 4770K @ 4.0 GHz --- Maximus VI Hero --- 8 GB 2133 MHz Corsair Vengeance Pro --- EVGA 780 TI Classified @ 1300 MHz --- Samsung Evo 250 GB --- Corsair RM 750 --- Corsair Carbide Air 540 --- CM Storm Rapid-I (MX Blues with PMK Evergreen Keycaps) --- Windows XP --- Razer Naga --- Custom Loop Parts: 380I, EKWB 780 Classy Waterblock and Backplate, 240mm and 360mm XT45, Swiftech MCP655, EKWB multi option reservoir, Mayhems Pastel Red, Primochill Primoflex Advanced Clear Tubing, 5 SP 120 Quiet Editions --- Mobile: Surface Pro 3 (i5 128gb) with JD40 (MX Clears) and Microsoft Sculpt Mouse --- Galaxy S6

uninstall and reinstall audio drivers

no matter what you say, that is the one true way to see if windows is broken

Also, right click audio icon, playback devices, and click 

Speakers

Realtek High Definition Audio
Disable all the other ones, and set this one to default

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry guys i was very frustrated at the time of writing this, so it definitly wasnt written with all that much sanity. 

back to the problem and how it came to get me this angry.

even since my last computer, which i didnt build it was an old computer built for my dads buisines by his it guy , who also used an OEM copy of windows. and with both of the computers the audio settings and drivers I could not get to work. AT ALL. well , technically it was just the mic input on my last one, but near the end of its like the output became an issue but i never dealth with it because i was in the middle of buildign this lovely rig (lol piece of crap cable management tho) and this computer has served me well audio wise and performance wise ....

until now....

so i decided i would install all the drivers or somthign like that , that my mobo manufacturer was handing out (except for xspeed and whatever that stuff is stupid , thanks for nothin asrock) , and i installed  the audio drivers thinking that it would be harmless this time right ? wrong , restart my computer, sound output page takes like 10 minutes to load , finally opens and like half of the existing outputs dont show up ( yes i know about "dont show unplugged outputs). now it wont even give me the option to plug in my front headphone or back , even though i uninstalled pretty much on the spot , it'll show the back panels but not register that they are plugged in and the front panel inputs are still missing to this day , luckly i have a ghetto setup with a yeti microphone that i happen to have, but i still wanna switch between my headphones,the front panel, and the speakers that  i have that would be plugged into the back panel. And mind you this was working beforehand, very well in fact. Ive tried resetting and there seems to be no change , and ive tried every setting in realtek under the mother dinking sun. 

what in heck do i do to fix windows audio (also what is up with the sound panel taking so long, i have a decent hard drive it takes a shorter time to boot up skyrim (or any other massive game for that matter) .

Why don't you want to reinstall windows? it literally takes minutes and your files will still be there unless you format the drive. I see no reason not to do it. Although u can go through computer management and check if your audio services are running....

Sorry guys i was very frustrated at the time of writing this, so it definitly wasnt written with all that much sanity. 

back to the problem and how it came to get me this angry.

even since my last computer, which i didnt build it was an old computer built for my dads buisines by his it guy , who also used an OEM copy of windows. and with both of the computers the audio settings and drivers I could not get to work. AT ALL. well , technically it was just the mic input on my last one, but near the end of its like the output became an issue but i never dealth with it because i was in the middle of buildign this lovely rig (lol piece of crap cable management tho) and this computer has served me well audio wise and performance wise ....

until now....

so i decided i would install all the drivers or somthign like that , that my mobo manufacturer was handing out (except for xspeed and whatever that stuff is stupid , thanks for nothin asrock) , and i installed  the audio drivers thinking that it would be harmless this time right ? wrong , restart my computer, sound output page takes like 10 minutes to load , finally opens and like half of the existing outputs dont show up ( yes i know about "dont show unplugged outputs). now it wont even give me the option to plug in my front headphone or back , even though i uninstalled pretty much on the spot , it'll show the back panels but not register that they are plugged in and the front panel inputs are still missing to this day , luckly i have a ghetto setup with a yeti microphone that i happen to have, but i still wanna switch between my headphones,the front panel,  thande  thspeakersat  i have that would be plugged into the back panel. And mind you this was working beforehand, very well in fact. Ive tried resetting and there seems to be no change , and ive tried every setting in realtek under the mother dinking sun. 

what in heck do i do to fix windows audio (also what is up with the sound panel taking so long, i have a decent hard drive it takes a shorter time to boot up skyrim (or any other massive game for that matter) .

That's a lot of rambling man. Look up your motherboard and see what RealTek ALC chipset it's using. Download the drivers from realtek. Do a complete uninstall of your current drivers. I'd suggest you extract the /x64 drivers folder and manually installing from device manager. Then restart.

Main: i7 2600 | ASUS P8Z68-V | 2x4GB Vengeance 1600 | GTX 580 | WD Blue 1TB | Antec TP-650C | NH U12S | W7 x64

Backup: X6 1090T | MSI K9A2 Platinum | 4x2GB XMS2 800 | GTX 550Ti | WD Blue 1TB |  Antec VP-450 | CM TX3 | W7 x64