Ideas for budget photography build?

Luhan

1. Budget & Location
My budget, 599-799 bucks recommended. I live in the states. 
2. Aim
I need a computer that can handle Photoshop, and Light room uses, as well as some other Adobe software. But look clean as f*ck like the Macs. I plan on using it to edit RAW photos and such.
3. Monitors
I don't have any monitors yet.

4. Peripherals
I don't have mouse and other crap. But the most important thing i need is the OS. So it would be nice if you guys could put that in the pricing.

5. Why are you upgrading?
I'm upgrading because i have a crappy laptop that handle the photography work as much as it use to.

1. Budget & Location

My budget, is that of Mac Mini, 599-799 bucks recommended. I live in the states. 

2. Aim

I need a computer that can handle Photoshop, and Light room uses, as well as some other Adobe software. But look clean as f*ck like the Macs. I plan on using it to edit RAW photos and such.

3. Monitors

I don't have any monitors yet.

4. Peripherals

I don't have mouse and other crap. But the most important thing i need is the OS. So it would be nice if you guys could put that in the pricing.

5. Why are you upgrading?

I'm upgrading because i have a crappy laptop that handle the photography work as much as it use to.

Why not hackintosh?

\

Eh for photohraphy if you have the monitor and everything you couldn't go wrong with a mac mini... It wouldn't be worth the size for anything else comparable for just photowork.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

Eh for photohraphy if you have the monitor and everything you couldn't go wrong with a mac mini... It wouldn't be worth the size for anything else comparable for just photowork.

Well they could build a way more powerful system and put OS X on it. Plus it given them a path to upgrade.

\

Why not hackintosh?

I don't the hassle as i'm still a rookie lol. But i'm not sure if its hard or not

Would the Pentium "K" with 12 GB of ram and a decent graphics card be able to handle the work thrown at it?

I don't the hassle as i'm still a rookie lol. But i'm not sure if its hard or not

If you choose the right hardware it's not hard. Otherwise yes a Mac Mini is not a bad option.

\

If you choose the right hardware it's not hard. Otherwise yes a Mac Mini is not a bad option.

How would i be able to install the OS on it?

Nope, if i had a mac i wouldn't bother building a PC lol.

Well you can do it via a Virtual Machine like I did since my Mac was in for repairs when I did my hackintosh :) 

\

But this thread is getting off topic lol. I need a build

Well you can do it via a Virtual Machine like I did since my Mac was in for repairs when I did my hackintosh :)

Virtual Machine? Sorry i'm a noob when it comes to hackintosh stuff 

Don't worry, You can run OS X (Apple OS) while running windows at the same time. I am making a build now.

\

CPU: Intel Core i5-4460 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($177.98 @ SuperBiiz) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H87N Mini ITX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($104.98 @ SuperBiiz) 
Case: Cooler Master Elite 130 Mini ITX Tower Case  ($34.99 @ Newegg) 
Total: $596.41
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-10-12 17:34 EDT-0400

I'm not sure if you need a Graphics Card since you have Intel Graphics. If you need one you can get a GTX 760 for around $200

\

CPU: Intel Core i5-4460 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($177.98 @ SuperBiiz) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H87N Mini ITX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($104.98 @ SuperBiiz) 
Case: Cooler Master Elite 130 Mini ITX Tower Case  ($34.99 @ Newegg) 
Total: $596.41
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-10-12 17:34 EDT-0400

I'm not sure if you need a Graphics Card since you have Intel Graphics. If you need one you can get a GTX 760 for around $200

I was wondering why most photographers choose Mac OS X over WIndows

I was wondering why most photographers choose Mac OS X over WIndows

I do photography at school and we use Mac because that's the eco system my school uses but I use Windows for light editing but nothing special so I can't give you a real answer as to why people use OS X over Windows.

My brother said that the reason why most places use Mac is because all the screen are color calibrated to a single standard so the image looks the same across all Macs. (Mac Mini / Mac Pro  would be using a Apple Thunderbolt Display )

\

I do photography at school and we use Mac because that's the eco system my school uses but I use Windows for light editing but nothing special so I can't give you a real answer as to why people use OS X over Windows.

My brother said that the reason why most places use Mac is because all the screen are color calibrated to a single standard so the image looks the same across all Macs. (Mac Mini / Mac Pro  would be using a Apple Thunderbolt Display )

Well i'll have to wait and see if new Mac Mini's are releasing this october before i start deciding/ordering parts for a PC. Would it be easier to buy a Mac mini then add SSD, and ram to it?

Well i'll have to wait and see if new Mac Mini's are releasing this october before i start deciding/ordering parts for a PC. Would it be easier to buy a Mac mini then add SSD, and ram to it?

Yes I agree that it is worth waiting 4 days till the event :)

Regarding upgrading the Mac Mini, yes you can upgrade the Ram just by removing the back cover and install it but where as the HDD you have to remove the Logic Board to install it.

https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Mac+Mini+Late+2012+Hard+Drive+Replacement/11716

https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Mac+Mini+Late+2012+RAM+Replacement/11726

\

Yes I agree that it is worth waiting 4 days till the event :)

Regarding upgrading the Mac Mini, yes you can upgrade the Ram just by removing the back cover and install it but where as the HDD you have to remove the Logic Board to install it.

https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Mac+Mini+Late+2012+Hard+Drive+Replacement/11716

https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Mac+Mini+Late+2012+RAM+Replacement/11726

Thanks for the build, i'll save it in my tabs just in case. And do you think they'll finally update the Mini?

Thanks for the build, i'll save it in my tabs just in case. And do you think they'll finally update the Mini?

I hope so, I think if they do they will switch to PCIe SSDs and not the standard 2.5" drives. Also possible wireless AC.

\

I hope so, I think if they do they will switch to PCIe SSDs and not the standard 2.5" drives. Also possible wirelI

If so, then i'd probably buy the current Mac mini or build my own. Unless its that big of an upgrade

If so, then i'd probably buy the current Mac mini or build my own. Unless its that big of an upgrade

We will have to wait and see :)

\