fittings question

Krash

I'm pricing components and picked out a couple of Koolance rads , their reservoir and rez base, but their fittings are more expensive than Swiftech's. So I'm wondering if it's cool to mix components up between vendors? Their not wicked more expensive but any money I can save, right?  I wouldn't think there would be an issue but both sites make this statement about not using "third party coolants" with their parts and that got me wondering if I needed to stick with one vendor/manufacturer for everything. ie. blocks, pumps, rads, fittings......

"I'd rather have a mind open to wonder than one closed by beliefs." (Sartre)

With regards to fittings, the only thing different is what the hose or tube they can connect to. The threaded end are all the same.

Buy you like and can afford. For hose, I will always recommend compression fittings, due the less likely hood of them leaking.

MOBO: ASUS X79 Pro CPU: i7 3820 Ram: Corsair Vengence 32Gb 2133mhz (8x4) GPU: 2 x Sapphire R9 290 in X-fire PSU: Seasonic G series 750w Drives: 1 x 750 gig WD black, 3x WD Black 1TB, 1 x Segate Barrcuda 1 TB, 1 x Toshiba 2TB, Intel 520 240gig SSD Case: Enthoo Primo w/ Green and Blue LED lighting.

With regards to fittings, the only thing different is what the hose or tube they can connect to. The threaded end are all the same.

Buy you like and can afford. For hose, I will always recommend compression fittings, due the less likely hood of them leaking.

This isn't necessarily true with regards to compression vs barbed fittings and leaks because a well secured barb fitting will work just as well as a compression fitting.

That being said I do think compressions are better anyway as they're better looking and much easier to use especially for first time builders

@Krash, as long as the male end of the fitting (the part that screws into the component) is a G1/4 thread or a thread that matches the component then you are golden, I'm using EK/Alphacool radiators, Bitspower Res and a Swifttech CPU block with only Alphacool fittings and I haven't had a single issue.

I'm pricing components and picked out a couple of Koolance rads , their reservoir and rez base, but their fittings are more expensive than Swiftech's. So I'm wondering if it's cool to mix components up between vendors? Their not wicked more expensive but any money I can save, right?  I wouldn't think there would be an issue but both sites make this statement about not using "third party coolants" with their parts and that got me wondering if I needed to stick with one vendor/manufacturer for everything. ie. blocks, pumps, rads, fittings......

You can mix and match. Of course every company wants you to buy everything from them. However, if third party means Primochill Advanced LRT tubing and Bitspower fittings for example.. those are in no way of lesser quality. The one material you shouldn't mix with others in your loop is aluminum because of the corrosion it causes. 

Other than aesthetics, brand reputation and whether you get compression or barb fittings there aren't really any other deciding factors for price. Quality tends to be roughly the same with fittings from reputable brands.

Compression fittings look cleaner IMO vs barb fittings with hose clamps for example. Bitspower being the best looking IMO and also the most expensive while, EK, Koolance, Monsoon, Alphacool and even Primochill all having cheaper compression fittings that perform well too. Just go with the cheapest among those brands and you'll be fine. 

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie. 

Thanks all, it's always good to have some experienced folks to lean on when you need it. Guess I'll buy some fittings today.

"I'd rather have a mind open to wonder than one closed by beliefs." (Sartre)