Audio Interfaces?

MPX309

Hey, does anyone have advice for audio interface set up. . . . I'm buying some active KRKs tomrrow and for now I'll use Phono to 3.5mm. . . But obviously I think I'll need some sort of external device to get the most out of it? Something like Focusrite 212?

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 | Cooler: Stock | RAM: 16GB Hyper Fury X RGB | GPU: RTX 2080 Super FTW3 | Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus Elite| PSU: Corsair RM850x
Storage: WD SN750 500GB / 850 500GB Samsung Evo /  | CASE: 570X | Display: Dell u2414h  | KEYBOARD: Corsair K70 | MOUSE: Corsair M65

They don't need anything special to be used. They have their own amp* and will sound the same regardless of source. 

They don't need anything special to be used. They have their own amp* and will sound the same regardless of source. 

yes and no.They will sound the same regardless of the environment but if you want a different sound than what the onboard audio(different clock/DA), you should get an external sound card, that is if you hear the difference.

yes and no.They will sound the same regardless of the environment but if you want a different sound than what the onboard audio(different clock/DA), you should get an external sound card, that is if you hear the difference.

That isn't how audio works. If the speakers are active, which last I checked, most KRK's are, it won't matter in the slightest what amp you have before them. And since all DAC's sound the same...

That isn't how audio works. If the speakers are active, which last I checked, most KRK's are, it won't matter in the slightest what amp you have before them. And since all DAC's sound the same...

all DA do not sound the same. Active speakers are great because they will always keep their own specs(harsh highs, etc) but the sound will change depending on what they are connected. That is why some poeple(like me) will pay hundreds if not thousands for a good DA(clock). Otherwise, company like RME or Focusrite(pro audio companies) would not exist.

all DA do not sound the same. Active speakers are great because they will always keep their own specs(harsh highs, etc) but the sound will change depending on what they are connected. That is why some poeple(like me) will pay hundreds if not thousands for a good DA(clock). Otherwise, company like RME or Focusrite(pro audio companies) would not exist.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight

post-2468-0-26343500-1411525051.jpg

Damn, looks like I forgot my audiofeels and marketing. 

Going to have to put off that supercharger for snake oil instead. 

you guys don't take me seriously i think --.--'' so sad.

Oh no, we think you're being completely serious. We also think that's BS.

you guys don't take me seriously i think --.--'' so sad.

We are taking you seriously, which is both the amusing and depressing part.

so what is the general consensus? 

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 | Cooler: Stock | RAM: 16GB Hyper Fury X RGB | GPU: RTX 2080 Super FTW3 | Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus Elite| PSU: Corsair RM850x
Storage: WD SN750 500GB / 850 500GB Samsung Evo /  | CASE: 570X | Display: Dell u2414h  | KEYBOARD: Corsair K70 | MOUSE: Corsair M65

Plug them into your PC. Why you gotta overthink this? They are budget speakers. Use them and carry on with your life.

If you were really serious about audio quality you'd be getting higher end stuff in a treated room, not asking for a sound card. But that would take time and effort and more money instead of being a magical fix. That's life.

In Placebo We Trust - Resident Obnoxious Objective Fangirl (R.O.O.F) - Your Eyes Cannot Hear
Haswell Overclocking Guide | Skylake Overclocking GuideCan my amp power my headphones?