Strange Psu Issues

Hello there guys and gals.

Need some help here regarding my computer only booting up for 1 second.

The story goes:

Build a new PC, GTX 980, 16GB Ram, i5 Haswell Cpu and ASUS Z87-PRO Socket 1150

I originally had a Corsair cx750w Modular psu that was making loud electric and weird high pitched noises whenever in games even at low fps, so i thought i'll change to an XFX Pro 650w Modular PSU, when that arrived it simply will boot up my pc for 1 second with the mobo light staying on and keyboard stays light up but pc amd fans wont start. I thought it was doa so i returned the xfx for another one but i am having the same issues with both xfx psu's. I plugged the original loud high pitched whiney corsair psu back in and it still works?

Whats going on with the xfx psu? 

it does say in the manual the xfx psu uses "pull technology" to the supply power.

Much help is appreciated!

Did you connect all the right cables properly? This issue sound like what would happen if either your mobo or your gpu didnt get enough power.

Core i7 4820K  |  NH-D14 | Rampage IV Extreme | Asus R9 280X DC2T | 8GB G.Skill TridentX | 120GB Samsung 840 | NZXT H440  |  Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 650W

Cheers for the quick reply :D

Yeah I made sure all the connectors were in properly for the cpu, mobo and gpu of which are all build in wires on the modular xfx psu.

I manually plugged in the ssd and fan modular cable.

i heard that xfx have this pull technology that only gives enough power when asked of the motherboard, where if any component malfunctions it shuts the psu down.

The corsair psu works fine but im wondering if it is because it doesnt have that pull technology,