Two different brand D5?

Go to solution Solved by Shaqo_Wyn,

Will the EK pump be able to handle the components efficiently? That's the one I already bought. And yeah, I was gonna run it in parallel, something like this: http://i.imgur.com/n1bi8hy.jpg

Purple being tubing, white being the components in a 760t.

Yes, you'll be fine with the EK pump for all your components too. Good luck! :)

Can I run two different branded D5 pumps in series and have them work with each other properly?
I was looking at the EK D5 and an alphacool VPP655

Can I run two different branded D5 pumps in series and have them work with each other properly?

I was looking at the EK D5 and an alphacool VPP655

Is there a reason why you can't get two of the same? What are you cooling? You might not need two D5's.

This can be used to combine the pumps: http://www.frozencpu.com/products/11252/ex-pmp-100/Bitspower_G_14_Thread_Dual_D5_Mod_Top_-_POM_Version_BP-2D5TOPP-BK.html#blank

Although D5 pumps are generally created equal, the Alphacool pumps are the strongest. They have a LPH of 1500 versus a LPH of 1200 on the EK, Swiftech and XSPC variants.

It should be fine as long as they run at the same RPM and LPH. Also, it might be annoying if one is PWM and the other has a physical dial on the bottom.

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie. 

Is there a reason why you can't get too of the same?

It should be fine as long as they run at the same RPM and LPH. Also, it might be annoying if one is PWM and the other has a physical dial one the bottom.

I accidentally only ordered one pump from the place where I got most of my watercooling stuff, so I was going to pick one up at Microcenter, but they don't have the EK pump. I did just check the flow rates and RPM of both, and they both have the same adjustable 5 step motor and not PWM, so that should be fine?

I accidentally only ordered one pump from the place where I got most of my watercooling stuff, so I was going to pick one up at Microcenter, but they don't have the EK pump. I did just check the flow rates and RPM of both, and they both have the same adjustable 5 step motor and not PWM, so that should be fine?

If the flow rates and RPM are identical, you'll be fine.

If the flow rates and RPM are identical, you'll be fine.

Actually I looked at EK's website and FrozenCPU's website, and they're listed as different flow rates. If the EK does only have and LPH of 1200, will it be damaged by the Alphacool or just have an overall flow rate of the EK?

Also I'm going to use a 30mm thick 360, a 30mm 280, 3 EK 780 ti blocks, and a Swiftech Apogee XL, and I was led to believe I would need 2 pumps. Do I only need the one?

Actually I looked at EK's website and FrozenCPU's website, and they're listed as different flow rates. If the EK does only have and LPH of 1200, will it be damaged by the Alphacool or just have an overall flow rate of the EK?

Also I'm going to use a 30mm thick 360, a 30mm 280, 3 EK 780 ti blocks, and a Swiftech Apogee XL, and I was led to believe I would need 2 pumps. Do I only need the one?

I wouldn't risk it. You're better off using pumps with the same specs. 

However, you don't need two either. A single VPP655 can handle your components, especially if you're running the GPU's in parallel which I recommend you do for 3 GPU's. It helps you preserve higher flow rates.

However, you don't two either. A single VPP655 can handle your components, especially if you're running the GPU's in parallel which I recommend you do for 3 GPU's. It helps you preserve higher flow rates.

Ninja'ed........ :ph34r:  :P

An alternative to this, you could run two loops using one pump in each loop. 

MOBO: ASUS X79 Pro CPU: i7 3820 Ram: Corsair Vengence 32Gb 2133mhz (8x4) GPU: 2 x Sapphire R9 290 in X-fire PSU: Seasonic G series 750w Drives: 1 x 750 gig WD black, 3x WD Black 1TB, 1 x Segate Barrcuda 1 TB, 1 x Toshiba 2TB, Intel 520 240gig SSD Case: Enthoo Primo w/ Green and Blue LED lighting.

Ninja'ed........ :ph34r:  :P

An alternative to this, you could run two loops using one pump in each loop. 

Hahaha, you're absolutely right. That's also a great way to go.

However, you don't need two either. A single VPP655 can handle your components, especially if you're running the GPU's in parallel which I recommend you do for 3 GPU's. It helps you preserve higher flow rates.

Will the EK pump be able to handle the components efficiently? That's the one I already bought. And yeah, I was gonna run it in parallel, something like this: http://i.imgur.com/n1bi8hy.jpg

Yes, you'll be fine with the EK pump for all your components too. Good luck! :)