Factory Reset Issues

Irodo_BSMD
Go to solution Solved by AGGELOS_970,

That wont effect the storage surely? I need it wiped I dont mind if windows is removed I have another disc

I'm a bit confused on what you want! :P Sorry maybe that's just me.

Anyway, if you don't mind loosing all you data you can always reinstall Windows. Just put the disc (you may need to set your DVD drive at boot option #1 in BIOS) wait a bit and you are in the installation screen. It is pretty simple. At some point it will ask you to select in which hard drive you want Windows to be installed. In your case there is only one. There you can select your HDD and press format. And then continue the installation posses.

I have a Toshiba Satellite C660 and no matter what I try it will not reset, I have tried holding 0 and the power button when turning on and it goes into normal boot, I have tried system restore with windows and it hasnt got a restore point, I tried booting into windows settings and clicking factory reset but no option for that appeared and finally tried looking for factory reset in the BIOS menu and it was not there.

Is there any other way other than a new hdd?

f12 on boot

I have a Toshiba Satellite C660 and no matter what I try it will not reset, I have tried holding 0 and the power button when turning on and it goes into normal boot, I have tried system restore with windows and it hasnt got a restore point, I tried booting into windows settings and clicking factory reset but no option for that appeared and finally tried looking for factory reset in the BIOS menu and it was not there.
Is there any other way other than a new hdd?

then hit repair something like that it is top one.

if that fails make sure you have a recovery partition by going right click my computer, manage > storage.

f12 on boot

then hit repair something like that it is top one.

if that fails make sure you have a recovery partition by going right click my computer, manage > storage.

My laptop is so ridden with viruses I can barely use it at all, it takes about a minute to open the start menu and I cant really go online to get an antivirus because my wireless card is broke and I havent got an ethernet cable. I will try my hardest to make a recovery partition

My laptop is so ridden with viruses I can barely use it at all, it takes about a minute to open the start menu and I cant really go online to get an antivirus because my wireless card is broke and I havent got an ethernet cable. I will try my hardest to make a recovery partition

not to make, i mean to see if thier is.

and did f12 work? on boot.

not to make, i mean to see if thier is.

and did f12 work? on boot.

Thats what I meant by going into BIOS and resetting it. I dont think there is one then

Thats what I meant by going into BIOS and resetting it. I dont think there is one then

you can't reset from bios silly child, :D, on boot mash f12 ( you can try f8 or f11 or f2 as well) till advanced boot shows up, then hit repair, i know if done it on that series of computer before.

you can't reset from bios silly child, :D, on boot mash f12 ( you can try f8 or f11 or f2 as well) till advanced boot shows up, then hit repair, i know if done it on that series of computer before.

Sorry thats what I meant lol

Sorry thats what I meant lol

Still not saying, did anything work? failed? cmon man its hard to help if your not giving info. get to advanced menu and hit a pic up. 

Can't you just install Windows again ?

That wont effect the storage surely? I need it wiped I dont mind if windows is removed I have another disc

Still not saying, did anything work? failed? cmon man its hard to help if your not giving info. get to advanced menu and hit a pic up.

I havent got it with me at the moment but I know that every single tutorial specific for the c660 I have followed perfectly has not worked, and im a million percent sure its a c660 also

I havent got it with me at the moment but I know that every single tutorial specific for the c660 I have followed perfectly has not worked, and im a million percent sure its a c660 also

all toshbia are (should) be same. f12 or 0 on boot hit the first one, usually has restore or repair in name.

all toshbia are (should) be same. f12 or 0 on boot hit the first one, usually has restore or repair in name.

I remember it having quite a few options that you couldn't select but I have tried hitting f12 twice, it comes up with the menu but no "repair" "reset" or anything like that appear! Its like it wants to live!

Ive tried holding 0 on boot, it boots normal

Ive tried spamming 0 on boot, it boots normal.

This method seems to work for everyone else in their tutorials but not mine...

Anyway, if you don't mind loosing all you data you can always reinstall Windows. Just put the disc (you may need to set your DVD drive at boot option #1 in BIOS) wait a bit and you are in the installation screen. It is pretty simple. At some point it will ask you to select in which hard drive you want Windows to be installed. In your case there is only one. There you can select your HDD and press format. And then continue the installation posses.

Anyway, if you don't mind loosing all you data you can always reinstall Windows. Just put the disc (you may need to set your DVD drive at boot option #1 in BIOS) wait a bit and you are in the installation screen. It is pretty simple. At some point it will ask you to select in which hard drive you want Windows to be installed. In your case there is only one. At this point you can select your HDD and press format.

Im a bit confused too to be Honest, I didnt think a new windows instal would reset your hdd? I got a spare disc so its fine

Im a bit confused too to be Honest, I didnt think a new windows instal would reset your hdd? I got a spare disc so its fine

If you do what I said your data will be lost and you will have a fresh windows operating system.

If you do what I said your data will be lost and you will have a fresh windows operating system.

Ah sweet cheers

Ah sweet cheers

When you are finished with the installation go to your laptop manufacturers website, find your exact model, choose the correct version of windows you're using download and install all the drivers.

If you're having any difficulty post back!  ;)