F1 japan GP - Jules Bianchi crash

You have to remember the extreme difference in those cars though. Nascar cars have little to no downforce compared to formula one cars, which are all about downforce. Not to mention a lack of driver aids like e-differentials, adjustable suspension (from within the car at least), traction control (not sure entirely if formula one has that), and even power steering. It's supposed to be all about the driver and not just the car. Not saying Formula one drivers don't have skill, they do, not to mention balls the size of my head to take turns that fast, but it is two completely different animals.

Good to know this is a rare occurrence though.

F1 kinda needs the e-diff due to them being hybrid. Suspension is not adjustable once qualifying starts. They can only tweak the front and rear wings a touch and they have to pit to do that. They don't and can't have traction control. As for power steering I'm not sure. I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't as thats extra weight and "It's supposed to be all about the driver and not just the car" just as you said.

NBC sports had good coverage of what the drivers thought during the practice in Russia this week.

I'm the local track comparing it to the other sports cars that go around it. Oh and way back they did CART which is sorta the precursor to indycar at the track, hitting ~200 on the back straight.

F1 kinda needs the e-diff due to them being hybrid. Suspension is not adjustable once qualifying starts. They can only tweak the front and rear wings a touch and they have to pit to do that. They don't and can't have traction control. As for power steering I'm not sure. I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't as thats extra weight and "It's supposed to be all about the driver and not just the car" just as you said.

NBC sports had good coverage of what the drivers thought during the practice in Russia this week.

I'm the local track comparing it to the other sports cars that go around it. Oh and way back they did CART which is sorta the precursor to indycar at the track, hitting ~200 on the back straight.

Nice. I just know that formula one cars are well, better, for the most part. Nascar cars are kinda of like barn door technology by comparison. formula one has more grip, more downforce, quicker shifting, WAY more acceleration and breaking as well.

I still think the nascar cars sound better though, I love the sound of a big throaty V8

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Nice. I just know that formula one cars are well, better, for the most part. Nascar cars are kinda of like barn door technology by comparison. formula one has more grip, more downforce, quicker shifting, WAY more acceleration and breaking as well.

I still think the nascar cars sound better though, I love the sound of a big throaty V8

F1 had v8's until last year but they went to 15K-18K RPM so not so throaty. Prior to that it was V10'S and now hybrid turbocharged in line V6's which have a much different sound.

Hi everyone

I was just wondering whats everyone's thought on the crash, it's the first significant crash in 20 years.

this is quoted from the f1 site

http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/2014/10/16448.html

I think it's a compounding problem which i dont think can be pointed at a signal person.

But saying that a good driver might have ended his career, he is currently stable but in a significant condition (brain damage)

I wish him and his family the best

1.I think the safety car should have been deployed after sutil's crash, cos that was a fairly fast corner and there were marshals and other vehicles on track.

2. i still can't understand why there was a green flag waving when clearly the track wasn't clear.

BUT

i don't think it is Charlie's fault, however he is the race director and its his responsibility to make sure that thinks like this don't happen, so there should be some form of repercussion he should face

1.I think the safety car should have been deployed after sutil's crash, cos that was a fairly fast corner and there were marshals and other vehicles on track.

2. i still can't understand why there was a green flag waving when clearly the track wasn't clear.

BUT

i don't think it is Charlie's fault, however he is the race director and its his responsibility to make sure that thinks like this don't happen, so there should be some form of repercussion he should face

I've watched over the crash acouple of time and I think the new design nose (it being lower) made it worse since it wedge under the truck instead of  crashing

but who knows what the results would of been

Its all about those volumetric clouds