Splitter headphone mic into two cables (Sennheiser PC350)

LtRoyalShrimp

Hi guys,

My question: Does anyone know of a way to split a mono mic cable into TWO mono cables? 

My headset is a Sennheiser PC350, which has split headphone/mic cables. 

My reason is I need the mic sound to go to two computers, my gaming and streaming computer. 

Would a simple female to 2x male 3.5mm stereo splitter work? (This in theory sounds like it could work to me, since the source is mono it just doesn't use the second channel)

Thanks so much,

-Shrimp

Gaming PC: CPU: 4770k @ 4.0Ghz GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980 RAM: 16GB Corsair vengeance 1600Mhz Mobo: ASRock Extreme 9/AC PSU: Corsair AX760i Case: Corsair 750D CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i HDD: Samsung EVO 250GB, 1TB HDD, 4TB HDD 

Never really tried it, but if I remembered correctly, plugging a mono (TS) plug to a stereo (TRS) jack would only use 1 channel, not 2 channels of same signal. Meaning the system will read it as signal coming from left channel only, while the right one will remain silent. 

Search around if you can find 'mono to stereo plug', or you could always build one yourself. It's not hard at all, just need a basic soldering skill, and the materials (1 mono female jack, 2 stereo male plugs, some cables). What you must do is solder 2 wires to the signal part of the mono female jack (the tip part), and then solder the other ends of the 2 wires to the left and right part of the stereo male plugs (the tip and ring part)