9240-8i motherboard compatibility issues

Hi guys,

I have an LSI MegaRAID 9240-8i 8-port RAID card with 4x3TB Barracuda's attached, I'm looking for a new motherboard throw it in to relieve pressure on my current rig. 

I found this article online specifying approved motherboards, but none of them are available any longer. http://www.lsi.com/downloads/Public/RAID%20Controllers/RAID%20Controllers%20Common%20Files/MegaRAID_Entry_Interop_List_SAS2.pdf

The closest thing I could find to them was a Sabertooth 990FX from Asus: http://www.ncix.com/detail/asus-sabertooth-990fx-r2-0-atx-de-75613.htm

I've used a Sabertooth X58 (my cousin bought one, and I installed it for him), very nice board so i'm not concerned at all with buying another TuF series board. 

Does anyone have any other motherboards that they know work decently with this card? I have a Gigabyte Z87X-UD5H that REFUSES to recognize the RAID array on the card, or i'd throw it in there in a pinch.

Thanks,

Calvin

It seems like an older card by looking at the chipset that it lists as compatible.

I dont know which would be cheaper but you could get a LSI MegaRAID 9266-8i as that will work on H97 that I know of.

It seems like an older card by looking at the chipset that it lists as compatible.

I dont know which would be cheaper but you could get a LSI MegaRAID 9266-8i as that will work on H97 that I know of.

I really wanted to make use of this card... since I have it, but yesterday it up-and-died... controller went fatal on me... waiting for LSI's response now... 

In the meantime, I bought a Fractal Design Define R4 to hopefully cool the drives better.