Motherboard help

Go to solution Solved by harrynowl,

IM PROBABLY GONNA UPGRADE TO THE K JUST WANTED TO GET A DECENT MOBO SO THANKS ALOT ;)

Well the i5 4690K+ the mobo I linked would be a good pair. I'd grab a Hyper 212 EVO with it and you'll get a good overclock from it (I got 4.7 :D).

With a LGA2011 a Z97 board will not work. That is for LGA1150 sockets. You will need a Z99 board to support the LGA2011 socket type. 

Looking at the the site you listed, there is only 1 Z99 board and it is about 500... so I would suggest you switch up your build. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

i need help choosing motherboard for lga2011, and z97/h97 thing on http://www.pbtech.co.nz under 200$ nz (site is new zealand :P)

:mellow:

X99 is for 2011-3

X79 is for 2011

Z97/Z87/H87/H81/Q87/Q85/B85 is for 1150

Tell us the CPU you're trying to use and we can tell you the board/socket it should go with.

LanSyndicate Build | i5-6600k | ASRock OC Formula | G.Skill 3600MHz | Samsung 850 Evo | MSI R9-290X 8GB Alphacool Block | Enthoo Pro M | XTR Pro 750w | Custom Loop |

Daily | 5960X | X99 Sabertooth | G.Skill 3000MHz | 750 NVMe | 850 Evo | x2 WD Se 2TB | x2 Seagate 3TB | Sapphire R9-290X 8GB | Enthoo Primo | EVGA 1000G2 | Custom Loop |

Game Box | 4690K | Z97i-Plus | G.Skill 2400MHz | x2 840 Evo | GTX 970 shorty | Corsair 250D modded with H105 | EVGA 650w B2 |

How much more is the 4690K?

And the board I posted above will work well with an i5.

How much more is the 4690K?

And the board I posted above will work well with an i5.

IM PROBABLY GONNA UPGRADE TO THE K JUST WANTED TO GET A DECENT MOBO SO THANKS ALOT ;)

Well the i5 4690K+ the mobo I linked would be a good pair. I'd grab a Hyper 212 EVO with it and you'll get a good overclock from it (I got 4.7 :D).

do you have a skype account i could talk to you on (msg me if you do) i want to see a few more things and easier having quicker responses

do you have a skype account i could talk to you on (msg me if you do) i want to see a few more things and easier having quicker responses

I like to keep LTT dealing on LTT :P

You can PM me though and I'll try to assist :)

I like to keep LTT dealing on LTT :P

You can PM me though and I'll try to assist :)

ok but nah, do you know if apacer ssd's are any good because there is a decent priced mSata one on pbtech. thanks ;)

ok but nah, do you know if apacer ssd's are any good because there is a decent priced mSata one on pbtech. thanks ;)

Never heard of apacer, as long as it has a decent warranty it should be ok.

Any reason for msata?

I'd try grab a regular sata ssd like the mx100 or 840

Never heard of apacer, as long as it has a decent warranty it should be ok.

Any reason for msata?

I'd try grab a regular sata ssd like the mx100 or 840

i thought mSATA was slightly faster/better?

M.2 is, but mSATA is... SATA.

and also can different company's version of a 780ti go together? e.g gigabyte windforce oc 780ti with an evga classified one?

and also can different company's version of a 780ti go together? e.g gigabyte windforce oc 780ti with an evga classified one?

yes but if you're buying them might as well get them matching for aesthetic purposes :P

good ssd: http://www.pbtech.co.nz/index.php?z=p&p=HDDCRU1256&name=Crucial-MX100-256GB-SATA3-2.5-7mm-(with-9.5mm-adap