Audio and Video Recording Sync

JordanMac

Hey guys,

I have Kodak playsport zx5 that i want to record youtube videos with however the sound quality is quite bad, i do however have a very nice usb condenser microphone that i use to record my instruments. is there any easy way of recording the two together into one file on the fly. so far i'm having to record the audio with audacity and mix it with the video using Adobe Premiere, this is very time consuming and boring.

any ideas?

PC Builder, Engineer... BACON    Project Cobalt: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/38058-project-cobalt-copper-piping-laser-etching-and-more/#entry489258

| NZXT Switch 810 | i5-3570k | gigabyte UD-5H | Corsair Vengeance 8gb ram | GTX 670 | 2x 60gb intel 330 series ssd's in raid 0 | 1tb seagate barracuda hdd | Corsair tx750m | XSPC razor GPU and CPU waterblocks | XSPC d5 vario pump | Thermochill Pa140.3 | phoyba 280mm radiator | Chromed Copper tubing |

If the camera have a HDMI-out port you could use a capturecard. 

the camera has HDMI out but i don't have enough money for a capture card :(

PC Builder, Engineer... BACON    Project Cobalt: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/38058-project-cobalt-copper-piping-laser-etching-and-more/#entry489258

| NZXT Switch 810 | i5-3570k | gigabyte UD-5H | Corsair Vengeance 8gb ram | GTX 670 | 2x 60gb intel 330 series ssd's in raid 0 | 1tb seagate barracuda hdd | Corsair tx750m | XSPC razor GPU and CPU waterblocks | XSPC d5 vario pump | Thermochill Pa140.3 | phoyba 280mm radiator | Chromed Copper tubing |

the camera has a usb connection could that be used in some way to set the camera up like a webcam?

the camera has a usb connection could that be used in some way to set the camera up like a webcam?

You might be able to do that, but it depends on how the camera is configuret. You might only be able to access the memory and/or charge the batteri. You would have to look around the internet for people whoo have tried this. BTW does it havce a 3.5 mm jack in so you could add a third party mic?

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

You might be able to do that, but it depends on how the camera is configuret. You might only be able to access the memory and/or charge the batteri. You would have to look around the internet for people whoo have tried this. BTW does it havce a 3.5 mm jack in so you could add a third party mic?

ive had a look and there is apparently a way of get the camera to appear as a webcam with a driver but this drive is from like 2004 and is very outdated.

ive had a look and there is apparently a way of get the camera to appear as a webcam with a driver but this drive is from like 2004 and is very outdated.

I think your best shoot would just be to buy a webcam. I'm sorry i'm nor able to help you further.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

I think your best shoot would just be to buy a webcam. I'm sorry i'm nor able to help you further.

im probably going to stay with just mixing them in premiere, thanks for your suggestions :)