My Overclocking Log

Hello, guys

I got my Noctua NH-D14 and i started looking about the overclocking deeper so i wanna know if somebody can teach me the right way.

About my CPU well, i will be buying a new CPU (intel or AMD) so i want to explore the overclocking in this processor because it is on his final days ( D: )

My cpu: CPUID AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 3600+

RAM: Kingston ValueRAM DDR2 2GB 800Mhz

Motherboard: Gigabyte - GA-MA74GM-S2 (Rev 2.0)

My plan is not going crazy on the OC just only wanna know more about this subject.

{18/01/2013}

First, i went to the BIOS and change the FSB Clock to 255 and deliver me, CPU Clock 2381.0 MHz (original: 1900 MHz, overclock: 25%)

when i reach 255 the system is not very stable so i raised the Vcore to 1.225V and went able to raise the FSB Clock to 260 and got 2.49GHZ but under heavy stress the system pop up the blue screen and shut down also the Temps were very low 14-27c on the highest Core Load 100%

When i increase the voltage should i need to decrease the freq on the RAM? Because i read some post in other forums about doing that. is it right?

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD]

[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD]

[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

GA-MA74GM-S2 (rev. 2.0

Final Results

Well i got 2.4Ghz fully stable (24hrs Prime95) the performance increase in a HUGH way. My temps are 35c Full load. I will try keep going higher but VERY slow. I dont want to break my Mobo because the next use of this pc will maybe be a NAS.

Increasing the FSB will increase the ram frequency and it will increase the latency, it does depend however on how much you want to increase the FSB you might just get away with it, if its just a few Hz.

X79A GD65 (8D), 3820, 7770, 16GB (1600Mhz cas9), 850watt(ocz zx), storm trooper, h100, xonar xense, sp2500, pc350, asus PA248Q LG 22'' ips, razor black-widow ultimate 2013, 120GB intel 520 series 128GB crucial M4 2*3TB barracuda 2*1TB barracuda 2TB Hitachi