Keyboard & Mouse Vs. Controller

TehMiik

Hey guys! I use both keyboard and mouse as well as a variation of controllers such as the Dualshock 3, Xbox 360 and Xbox One controller for my games. But what I want to know is on the whole, do people prefer the simplistic controller over using the mouse and keyboard where more precision is needed? Leave your answer below! c:

Main Rig: Intel i7 3930k @4.0GHz---8GB Ballistix @1600MHz---Asus P9X79 Pro---Samsung 840 Pro 128GB---3TB HDD Config---2x GTX 780Ti 3GB---Windows 7 Ultimate

Laptop: Late 2012 13" Retina MacBook Pro---2.5GHz Dual i5---8GB DDR3 @1600MHz---128GB PCI-E SSD---Intel HD4000 1GB---OSX 10.10 Yosemite

Phone: Nexus 4

I feel like  I get more precision out of a mouse then I ever did out of a controller. Only time I use one is when I'm playing Dirt 3.

controller if the game is a shit port, or just play better with one, such as Dark Souls, otherwise Mouse and keyboard is plain better

Proud Member of the Glorious PC Master Race

for some games you just need the control of the joystick (flying, driving...) and its easier / more comfy to play with pad

for precision aim, mouse

Depends on the game, in Fps' I much prefer keyboard and mouse, when I go back to a controller it doesn't seem fast enough or accurate enough, but then I enjoy a controller for car games cause the joysticks way more enjoyable. Overall Keyboard and mouse

Soo many games, not enough money to get any.

shooters kb+m everything else controller.

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

I only use my trusty 360 controller when playing Spintires as it seems almost impossible to play otherwise.

"Everybody wants a happy ending, right? But it doesn’t always roll that way." - TS

Controller 100% of the time, if it doesn't support controller or If I can't get a good configuration with xpadder I don't play this games.

I KB+M for each and everything with no significant problem, but if you ask me to use a controller, I'm fine, too. So... for me, both are fine (Although games that need aiming would be more accurate with a mouse, admittedly, for me)

I can't think of many genres where I'd rather use a controller than keyboard and mouse.

FPS games I would never, ever, play on a controller unless it's stuck on a console with no option for keyboard and mouse.

Games that require fast repetitions, again I wouldn't use on a controller because that ends with calluses and hurt on your thumb. Well, fighting games would definitely work on a stick and nothing else.

I don't even see how you could possibly play a fast-paced RTS game properly with a controller. Ditto for MMOs.

The only games that I would prefer on a controller are games that have simplistic controls. Keyboard and mouse are precise and accurate but complex as hell. My PS3 controller has 16 buttons and 2 thumb sticks, whereas my keyboard alone has >100. The one genre I like better on a controller would be RPGs. Things like Final Fantasies feel much better on the PS controller than my keyboard and I bet I'd have lots of trouble playing Kingdom Hearts or Final Fantasy XIII on the keyboard and mouse.

The thing is, the RPGs that I buy are on the PS, so I don't really need a controller for PC.

I own and use, sorted from newest to oldest: SteelSeries 6Gv2. Microsoft SideWinder X4. Mionix Naos 7000. Zowie EC1 Evo. Microsoft SideWinder X8. Microsoft IntelliMouse Explorer 3.0. Dell U2414H. Samsung P2270H. AKG K273 Pro. Sennheiser HD555. Razer Goliathus Speed Medium. Func 1030 L. Qpad CT Medium.

I used to own: Razer DeathAdder 3G. Razer Krait. IntelliMouse Optical 1.1. SteelSeries QcK.

90% of the time I prefer KB+M but I use a controller for racing, fighting and very casual (the walking dead/nidhogg/etc.) games, for flying games I 50:50 it depending on the game and what feels more natural to use.