Calling ALL Runescapers

MzCatieB

It is not illegal unless what you are doing to break the ToS is illegal. If their ToS states that using copyrighted material on the website as your is a violation, and you break this term, it is illegal as using copyrighted material as your own is illegal. If their ToS states I am not allowed to swear, and I do, it is not illegal as swearing is not illegal. 

The terms of service are stipulations which allow you to use their product.  Since they own the rights to it, they are allowed to control who is allowed to use it and under what conditions.  Whether those conditions are against the law in the general public or not is irrelevant.  The only exception of course is that the terms of service cannot be discriminatory, but that's irrelevant.

The terms of service are stipulations which allow you to use their product.  Since they own the rights to it, they are allowed to control who is allowed to use it and under what conditions.  Whether those conditions are against the law in the general public or not is irrelevant.  The only exception of course is that the terms of service cannot be discriminatory, but that's irrelevant.

I am aware of that. They can ban me from accessing the service. They cannot sue me in court for swearing if it is a violation of their ToS. 

I am aware of that. They can ban me from accessing the service. They cannot sue me in court for swearing if it is a violation of their ToS. 

People can  and have been convicted of misdemeanors for using websites' services without authorization.

People can  and have been convicted of misdemeanors for using websites' services without authorization.

That's a completely different thing. Using something without authorization is when I use a companies product without purchasing the product (gaining authorization). I am violating their ToS. 

That's a completely different thing. Using something without authorization is when I use a companies product without purchasing the product (gaining authorization). I am violating their ToS. 

If you aren't following the terms of service, your authorization to use the service is revoked... However, I suppose that's accomplished with a ban... Making a second account however ;)

If you aren't following the terms of service, your authorization to use the service is revoked... However, I suppose that's accomplished with a ban... Making a second account however ;)

I have never been banned, ever :P

I have never been banned, ever :P

you are one messed up person.

breaking a ToS because you can.

you make the game worse for legitimate players like me.