Windows 10 on USB?

Hey there,

I've got the 32 and 64 bit versions of Windows 10... Has anyone tried to install it on a USB instead of an HDD??

I'll try to make it run on a Toshiba Satellite A60, my main rig (via VM), and my notebook (installed on a USB)...

first result when googling already tried it works well, most noticeable thing is that the drive must be formated to ntsf, but that isn't that big of a deal

http://lifehacker.com/how-to-run-a-portable-version-of-windows-from-a-usb-dri-1565509124

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

http://www.microsoft.com/en-xm/windows/enterprise/products-and-technologies/devices/windowstogo.aspx

Not sure if this is a feature in the windows 10 tech preview.

Other ways might be available.

I'm going to go ahead and test it tomorrow... For now... I'm re-downloading the 32 bit image... It got corrupted earlier since the internet connection cut-off at a bad time... (size mismatch)...

It is not possible to install any version of windows(Up to windows 7, not sure about after that) on a device that uses Usb. Not even a external hard drive(I've tried). 

Gaming rig- Cpu- Amd 9590, 16gbs of G Skill Ram, Gpu- GTX 760 windforce 3 edition 2gb. A Thermaltake water 2.0 water cooler for my cpu. Keyboard- Thermaltake Posieden , Case- 750D, Mobo Asus 990fx R2.0. 24 inch Dell LED monitor

ea211c113a.png

RIP in peace my internet connection... gd telcos be throttlin...

Edit:

What the actual f*****uck?

3805655632.png

I'm pretty sure you can't do that on any version of Windows but I may be wrong.

Windows 7 works fine when installing via USB, i presume Vista would as well.

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

Yeah you can install Windows 10 using a usb just like any other version of Windows or operating system, I tried that :D

Windows 7 works fine when installing via USB, i presume Vista would as well.

I thought he meant install to a USB.

I thought he meant install to a USB.

^I meant this.^

For now, I'll try disconnecting my HDDs before trying to install Windows 10...